Purge Air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmm47172

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST Regular Cab
Engine
3.7 L V6
Can anyone tell me the best way to purge air from the cooling system on a 2008 Ram 1500 with a 3.7L V6 engine?

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Dunno about the particular engine you have but is this after refill or you just suspect airlock?
if refilling best way is to disconnect highest hose, probably top. Fill rad/tank and air should come out of the hose as you hold it up. Replace, top up,run engine with heater in hot, full fan until all done. You can also squeeze top and bottom hoses to help air out. Always worked for me on other cars. Try it…..
If you suspect an air lock and you haven’t emptied/refilled rad then just run engine and heater hot,full fan. Though I’d want to know why you got air in there if you haven’t disconnected something……or did you?
Hope it gives you some ideas. This is a closed system so should not be able to randomly get air in it.

OP
OP
cmm47172

cmm47172

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST Regular Cab
Engine
3.7 L V6
Actually, I'm getting ready to replace a leaking water pump and I thought I would go ahead and do a system flush while I'm at it.