Quad projector cutoff solenoids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newtothegame

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys and gals! I'm doing a quad Morimoto projector retrofit and I'm a little puzzled when it comes to wiring up the cutoff solenoids. I know you're suppose to tap into the high beam harness so when you switch on the high's it drops the cutoff shields but my truck has DRL's which has two levels of voltage. Any idea on how to wire this up?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
ok...........

So, here's the fun part. You have to trigger the high beam projector's solenoid from the low beam. ;) so......

Driver's side:
- little more fun, as you have to get your trigger to the relay harnesses for your HIDs from the drivers......but all good.
- From the H11 connector inside the light, you need to put a splitter on that, which one side will go to the matchbox solenoid. the other goes to your HID harness input for the low beams.
- from the 9005 connector (highs), another splitter. One side goes to MH1 solenoid, the other to the high beam HID harness input.

Pass side:
- inside the light you have the factory wiring........you need to connect the low beam wires to the matchbox solenoid. Connect the high beam wires to the MH1 solenoid.

This way..........when your DRLs are on, your solenoids on the matchbox are NOT activated. In low beam mode, the lows come on. The matchbox solenoids drop. The highs aren't on, so....all good. In high beam mode, both lows and high beams are on, solenoids on the matchboxes are already dropped, and now the MH1 solenoids drop.

Clear as mud?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
did I get it right? LOL

OP
OP
newtothegame

newtothegame

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey Jeremy! Crystal clear lol!! Thanks man. When I get these quads buttoned up, ill wire it up. Because of our can bus system, will the solenoids buzz/chatter due to the pulsing voltage? Will they need capacitors at all?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
your HID harnesses should have capacitors in them.......depends on what you ordered?

Where did you get the HIDs from, and what all did ya get?

I see you have my harness on the Oracle HIDs? So.....one harness good, eh? :D

OP
OP
newtothegame

newtothegame

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
LOL! Ya got your Mopar Specific Relay Harness which solved all of the issues before, no problems ever since, thanks man. Oh I see... As long as there is a capacitor on the relay harnesses which recieve the triggers from the stock harness all will be good.... Got it! Thanks a bunch JJ

OP
OP
newtothegame

newtothegame

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Picked up the MH1 6.0' with Gatling guns, matchboxes with micro Gatling guns, XB LED halos, ballasts, H1 bulbs and Mopar harness for a great price so thus the retrofit lol.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
did I get it right? LOL

I had to go check.

In DRL mode the shutters are up. I see the cut-off. Both sides. Hi-beam bulbs are on full power.

I'm not sure if they are up or down when the low beams come on. Too hard to see backwards through the halo's and projector.

In hi-beam mode... all lights are on and all the shutters are dropped to use the full projector.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
boom! :D