Question about RAM 3500 towing packages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
Apologies in advance for what may seem like an ignorant question. I scanned forum messages and didn't get instant gratification so starting a new thread with my question. I plan to order a RAM 3500 with the Cummins 6.7 HO and max towing config early next year. That config will come with the 30K 5th wheel hitch, which is fine since my plan is to pull a large 5th wheel toy hauler. However, I'm sure there will be occasions when I'll be interested in pulling something smaller ... a boat trailer, a utility trailer, whatever. Will I need to add on a receiver hitch or are they standard? Thanks in advance!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Dually or SRW 3500?

All HD trucks should come with a Class V XD receiver hitch with a 2" receiver tube rated at 17,000 # gross trailer weight and 2550 # tongue weight. Some 3500's come with a Class V SD hitch which increases the GTW to 20,000 # and 2700 # tongue weight.

I have not seen an HD that did not have a receiver hitch on it.