Question about the air ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam Golden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m wanting to do a few upgrades to my 2016 Rebel. After upgrading the radio in my wife’s Jeep Sahara I’ve decided I want to do the same thing. However, I also want to put a 4” BDS lift in. My question, I’ve seen that it is recommended to put the suspension in Tire Jack Mode before installing the lift kit... can you still put it in Tire Jack Mode without the uconnect radio?

bigdave2212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Curious myself...... Following post

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Adam Golden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve searched and searched. Short of maybe calling a dealer or contacting Chrysler directly, I haven’t been able to find anything

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You might be able to use AlfaOBD to put the suspension into Jack Mode(AlfaOBD does more than make BCM config changes). I'm guessing the BDS has you set it in Jack Mode so the suspension doesn't attempt to level or move while you install the lift kit, pull the negative battery cable or the fuse for the Air Suspension.

OP
OP
A

Adam Golden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Disconnecting the battery makes sense. I think the tire jack mode will also close off the reservoir so the whole system doesn’t get drained when the air lines are disconnected. That may be an avoidable step tho. But if disconnecting the battery takes care of that too, then all the better