Questions About Installing Auto Dim Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's great! I could never even get the option to show up. I also try ed enable the function in my Lin Bus with no success. I am exited to give this a try.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK plugged in my tool to give it another shot. We went through the codes pretty thoroughly when I tryed to activate the mirror last time but I thought maybe I had missed something. Unfortunately my tool does not show
Vehicle Configuration CSM:1 or
ECU configuration 13:
The tool does not show them at all.
00/RT did some digging and said that the codes were present in my BCM but for whatever reason my tool would not show it. He bought his tool before I bought mine and his tool does not show those features either when plugged into his 2013. However he was able to activate his Auto dim mirror and I was able activate my nephew's 2013 by setting vehicle configuration 1 and 3 but for whatever reason that didn't work on my 14.
My software version is 14.30 I'm not sure if that's why it's not showing or not. Since I bought my tool over a year ago and I have the older software version maybe that's why some of the members that are just getting their tools can see more in there BCM.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

ngiovas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
CSM1 is where I was able to turn on/off many of the radio menu options. Where are you located Rick?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in Northern California.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Maybe you guys could meet half way lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
We just need to get Rick's laptop/tablet set up with TeamViewer to help him remotely with the AE hooked up.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

OP
OP
N

ngiovas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Rick,

If you want, you can call me while I am in my truck with AE and we can try to walk through it. I assume you no longer get the free updates?

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The problem is that the AE exposes different options depending on what year the truck is. Whether the settings exist in Rick's BCM or not (they probably do) is irrelevant because the AE doesn't expose them on a 2014.

I'm not sure about other years, but CSM1 is locked on the 2013 trucks. Even the people who know what commands to send (like the AE and Genie developers) can't write that section.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to be adding codes to a 2015 Tradesman in a week or two. I am going to see if the CSM1 and other options show on his truck. If it does I will know for sure it's more of an issue with the year of the truck than it is with the tool software.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

ngiovas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm going to be adding codes to a 2015 Tradesman in a week or two. I am going to see if the CSM1 and other options show on his truck. If it does I will know for sure it's more of an issue with the year of the truck than it is with the tool software.

I am curious to see what you find out.

OP
OP
N

ngiovas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Selling Obd genie Auto-Dim Mirror Flash Tool
$100 normally $190!

Over Half off, enables Auto-Dim Mirror (Factory)

I could be wrong, but aren't these VIN specific dongles?

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
$100 normally $190!

Over Half off, enables Auto-Dim Mirror (Factory)

No, never asked me for my VIN when I purchased

If I'm not mistaken as soon as you plug it into your truck it locks it to your VIN.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If I'm not mistaken as soon as you plug it into your truck it locks it to your VIN.

You're not mistaken. They lock to the VIN and there is no way to divorce them like with a tuner. If a Genie has been plugged into a vehicle it is permanently useless in any other vehicle.

shmedley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're not mistaken. They lock to the VIN and there is no way to divorce them like with a tuner. If a Genie has been plugged into a vehicle it is permanently useless in any other vehicle.

Looks like I might have got taken by him. I didn't see how many posts he had while on my phone browsing and didn't know that they got married like that. I sent him paypal payment and when I found out a few hours later the same day after reading this I asked for a paypal refund seeing that it is not useable.
He hasn't been on and a few of his posts are gone and I haven't heard anything from him since I sent payment. Guess I'll be filing a claim soon :flame:

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looks like I might have got taken by him. I didn't see how many posts he had while on my phone browsing and didn't know that they got married like that. I sent him paypal payment and when I found out a few hours later the same day after reading this I asked for a paypal refund seeing that it is not useable.

He hasn't been on and a few of his posts are gone and I haven't heard anything from him since I sent payment. Guess I'll be filing a claim soon :flame:

Damn, sorry to hear that! As someone who has been involved in PayPal disputes on both sides, I highly recommend going straight to the credit card company if you used one. If you paid with a PayPal balance or bank account, you'll have no choice but to file with PayPal. Let us know how it goes!

shmedley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn, sorry to hear that! As someone who has been involved in PayPal disputes on both sides, I highly recommend going straight to the credit card company if you used one. If you paid with a PayPal balance or bank account, you'll have no choice but to file with PayPal. Let us know how it goes!

I got to change to where it takes it from the card first.
I'll be filing a claim tonight as I still haven't heard anything back from him

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got to change to where it takes it from the card first.
I'll be filing a claim tonight as I still haven't heard anything back from him

This sucks! It's so annoying when people take advantage of other people on the Forum. This is supposed to be a place where people come together to share knowledge and try to help each other learn about their trucks not rip people off! I hope you're able to get refunded keep us posted good luck.

OP
OP
N

ngiovas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I can't believe he even deleted his posts. Although that didn't get rid of the quotes from the other posts that show what he said. It is too bad he did this just to make a few bucks.