Questions, possibly coming back to Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Have been driving a F150/250 since 2018, most likely coming back to Ram in the near future due to A/C issue with my current 150.. Couple of questions.

1. Are there any features that should be on the Limited that have been negated due to chip shortage. (heated steering wheel is one of the removed options on new F150's)

2. Found a 23 Limited with the Level 1/Night edition/Multi function tailgate/sunroof that I like, any gotchas with this configuration. Namely the tailgate and sunroof (ford has issues with the pano roof if not used much from what I hear, never had an issue with mine)

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
cant help you with the multifunction tailgate but no issues with my pano roof

OP
OP
ocwill1

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Another question I thought of today, are any features (heated wheel, seats, anything for that matter) missing due to chip shortages. Ford has nixed the heated steering wheel and massaging seats for now, there may be some more as well...

OP
OP
ocwill1

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Sunroof, AKA Factory installed water leak....

Is that because of a defect, or lack of use. I know with the F150 pano roofs most people that did not use them had the issues. When I had mine, I used it a lot and never had issues with it.

MJCHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Have a 23 Laramie with all options that you mentioned w/o sunroof. No issues other than the left turn signal doesn't always cancel. Going to the shop for a second time Monday. Clock spring replaced the first go round. Stupid issue considering the cost of this this. Paid more for this than my wife's 21 SP Challenger 6.4 to include the performance pkg -hmmmmmm

fitz7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have been driving a F150/250 since 2018, most likely coming back to Ram in the near future due to A/C issue with my current 150.. Couple of questions.

1. Are there any features that should be on the Limited that have been negated due to chip shortage. (heated steering wheel is one of the removed options on new F150's)

2. Found a 23 Limited with the Level 1/Night edition/Multi function tailgate/sunroof that I like, any gotchas with this configuration. Namely the tailgate and sunroof (ford has issues with the pano roof if not used much from what I hear, never had an issue with mine)
My AC on my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic just cut out at 47500km. Hissing under the dash on the passenger side. $1500 to 2000 repair. I have 1 yr left on my drive train warranty and im selling it to a wholesaler for 35k. I don't trust my ram anymore after 2 rear diff replacements in 5 months and 2 rear wheel bearings. I definitely got a friday truck. My buddy at work had his 2018 ram 1500 sports engien replaced at 98,000 km. He literqlly had 2k left in his warranty or he would have paid for the new engine out of pocket. Based on your experience with a f 150 and my experience with my ram 1500 im thinking of selling and not buying a new truck for a few years as they all seem to be junk atm and warranty repairs take forever. I was out my truck about 5 months total waiting on parts for all the repairs. Totally garbage customer support with fca who told me to screw off and deal with the dealership when i heard noise after the 2nd diff repair that turned out to be rear wheel bearings.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ocwill1

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
My AC on my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic just cut out at 47500km. Hissing under the dash on the passenger side. $1500 to 2000 repair. I have 1 yr left on my drive train warranty and im selling it to a wholesaler for 35k. I don't trust my ram anymore after 2 rear diff replacements in 5 months and 2 rear wheel bearings. I definitely got a friday truck. My buddy at work had his 2018 ram 1500 sports engien replaced at 98,000 km. He literqlly had 2k left in his warranty or he would have paid for the new engine out of pocket. Based on your experience with a f 150 and my experience with my ram 1500 im thinking of selling and not buying a new truck for a few years as they all seem to be junk atm and warranty repairs take forever. I was out my truck about 5 months total waiting on parts for all the repairs. Totally garbage customer support with fca who told me to screw off and deal with the dealership when i heard noise after the 2nd diff repair that turned out to be rear wheel bearings.

Well, picked it up yesterday, so hoping not to have any issues like that...

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you seek, you shall find. If I post a thread about how awesome my truck is, I'm sure there will be plenty of posts saying the same about his or hers.

OP
OP
ocwill1

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
If you seek, you shall find. If I post a thread about how awesome my truck is, I'm sure there will be plenty of posts saying the same about his or hers.

oh I know.. have had many trucks over the years, F150's/250's and Ram 1500/2500, but this is the first time a major problem has cropped up. And Ford not backing it, really pissed me off.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I have a 2020 Longhorn Edition with a panoramic sunroof and multi-function tailgate ... Haven't had any issues with the sunroof and don't use it very often ... As for the tailgate it's a fantastic option and the only issue I have had with it is you have to give it a good slam to ensure it is closed properly when using the 60-40 doors ... Make sure your cab doors are all closed and look at your third brake light when closing the tailgate doors, when it goes off you know the tailgate is closed properly ...

OP
OP
ocwill1

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I have a 2020 Longhorn Edition with a panoramic sunroof and multi-function tailgate ... Haven't had any issues with the sunroof and don't use it very often ... As for the tailgate it's a fantastic option and the only issue I have had with it is you have to give it a good slam to ensure it is closed properly when using the 60-40 doors ... Make sure your cab doors are all closed and look at your third brake light when closing the tailgate doors, when it goes off you know the tailgate is closed properly ...

That is a good tip on the MFT, I did notice once that I did not close it all the way and saw it on the dash. Will start looking at 3rd brake light for now on