Quick led fog question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
I have some led dogs on my truck now... run by a switch for on and off.
In my older lazy age I always forget to turn them off. I wanted to tap into my parking lights so when I shut off my lights, they will turn off as well.
But my audio guy said rams are finicky and tapping Into the parking may cause issues.
Anyone do what I want to do and have any issues ?

Thanks

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Find a power source that’s keyed with the ignition so when the key is off lights are off. Use that wire to trigger your relay

OP
OP
BiGMERF

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
Wouldn’t that mean that it would turn on and off with the key turns?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Your audio guy is correct about it possibly causing issues just tapping the vehicle running lights.
Find the running/parking light wire that goes to the trailer 7 pin plug and use that.

This is a wiring diagram for a '15 but it should be the same for your truck. Tap the wire on the C7 pin #29 for the trailer tow parking lights

Attachments

• TRAILER-TOW-SYSTEM.pdf
    334.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
OP
OP
BiGMERF

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
Your audio guy is correct about it possibly causing issues just tapping the vehicle running lights.
Find the running/parking light wire that goes to the trailer 7 pin plug and use that.

This is a wiring diagram for a '15 but it should be the same for your truck. Tap the wire on the C7 pin #29 for the trailer tow parking lights

Hmmm interesting. I did that for my reverse cam. Now to figure out what color the one for the parking light is. Lol