RA4 upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcsteeves

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I’d like to share my story on upgrading my radio in my 2018 ram 2500. The truck is a base model ST 2500 gas. Stock radio was the RA1 and I found an RA4 and a climate module from a 1500 in a junkyard and thought I’d switch it out. Installed the radio and quickly realized that I needed an wiring harness along with a 7 speed resistor to complete the upgrade. I turned to google for the harness and the first site that popped up was 4WHEEL ELECTRONICS. I ordered the jumper harness and the harness to switch over my fan to 7 speed from a 4 speed. Got my parts in two weeks later and assembled everything. All functions were working except the AC compressor would no longer lock in. At a standstill and out of ideas I reached out to 4WHEEL ELECTRONICS for support. NO REPLY after several Emails and phonecalls. I turned to this forum. Quickly realized that one member stood out and seemed to have all the answers to any technical questions people
Were asking. I reached out to Mpgrimm2 for help and he answered all my questions and gave me more information than I could imagine any tech support from 4WO would have given me. I then find out this member has the same service offered as 4WO but with much better quality product offered. If I knew what I knew now my harnesses would have been ordered from M2 mods. The end result of my upgrade is the AC was not working because the climate control module for 1500 ram is not compatible with module for a 2500 due to the AC compressors for each models not being the same. One being single speed and one is variable speed. I ordered the proper module and finally got everything installed. After one month and way over budget I finally have a Bluetooth radio. And I’m grateful for THE RAM FORUM and the members here ! Cheers !

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Customer service for so many of these companies is just non existence now days. Most are just trying to make a quick buck with no knowledge of what they are actually selling. Usually the phone number associated with a number that goes straight to mailbox and an email to most likely a mailbox that never even gets looked at. Glad you got it sorted with a very knowledgeable forum member here.