Radio/uconnect issues 2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milkman424m

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey y’all. So I’ve got a new 2022 night edition 1500 bighorn. I keep having issues with the uconnect/xm and dealer can’t figure out nor can mopar apparently. Just seeing if anyone else has ran into this. So number 1, I have it set to honk on 2nd press of lock button. It will work a few days then randomly stop a few, then start working again. Yesterday I got in it and all my radio presets were gone as well as I only had 9 xm channles. (Truck is 2 weeks old) now today the channels are back but had to reset presets. Horn still doesn’t sound on lock (yes it is checked in the settings) hope someone can shed some light. Thanks

Spelled

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2022 3500 bighorn...2 weeks old. Experienced the presets missing yesterday...either just gone or assigned a new preset number, both xm and fm. I have the only key fob, so it wasn't another "user". Haven't experienced any of your other weird issues though. Glad to see it's not just me.

Cadillackid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
mine is less than a week old.. Uconnect 8.4 Nav with Alpine and LTE hotspot. havent experienced presets missing but the controls lock up.. sometimes when im on carplay the top and bottom bars just go away and no controls will work for a couple minutes.. no volume, no climate, etc.. if the heat is on it will stay on but cant adjust.. then all the sudden its like it saved the things I hit as the colume will go up and down.. the temp will change if I had hit one of those buttons.. then it works for awhile.. then it does it again a bit later.. had an OTA update 2 days ago didnt make a difference.. seems like bugs in the new Uconnect 5 for sure..

Cadillackid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess its time to go to the dealer... two more OTA updates have been applied to the system but it still Locks up all the time.. the top and bottom bars will just go away.. then the heat controls wont raise / lower temp, the colume doesnt work.. cant change screens.. then it comes back to life a minute or so later.. sometimes my phones arent detected no matter what I do unless I clck ' restart radio' and reboot the unit fully. other times in 'comfort' screen the temperature numbers are non existent.. just the sliders are there..

masybe too quick to market?

AKBear

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Diesel
I have a 2018 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel & have been having problems with my U-Connect every winter! To explain: when the temps reach 28F or colder, I loose SXM, heated steering wheel/seats, NAV, Bluetooth. Sometimes, I can control heat/def from the NAV screen but the control buttons below the screen will not work (u press the button & the light will come on for about a second & go out). Sometimes I can control the climate from the NAV screen & then sometimes the climate goes out!
I reside in NC & the temps may/may not reach 28F or colder, so this issue has been going on for (4) yrs now! Yes, the dealership has been able to see the problem but so far, they haven't found a fix for it. I had to contact Chrysler/RAM (x2 yrs now) to escalate the problem. This past April, Chrysler auth the dealership to replace the entire NAV/Radio to see if that would rectify the problem & unfortunately, it didn't. So far, I have taken my 2018 RAM 2500 CD (still under warranty) in for service on this problem x5! I only have my truck to drive & Chrysler/RAM contacted me by email to tell me to take my truck back into the dealership (even though they have no loaner to give me) & Chrysler/RAM would give me $40 per day for a rental. We'll we all know the current rental situation due to COVID-19 and "if" I can even find a rental, they want $130 per day!! I responded to Chrysler/RAM & said it was totally unacceptable & they should provide me a loaner at "no" cost to me due to the fact that I have already spent quite a bit of my own money on UBER, lost time-off work & plenty of stress/anxiety dealing whit this for (4) yrs now!! You guessed it, Chrysler/RAM never responded to my email request!

Guy lIPSKY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI etorque
Hey y’all. So I’ve got a new 2022 night edition 1500 bighorn. I keep having issues with the uconnect/xm and dealer can’t figure out nor can mopar apparently. Just seeing if anyone else has ran into this. So number 1, I have it set to honk on 2nd press of lock button. It will work a few days then randomly stop a few, then start working again. Yesterday I got in it and all my radio presets were gone as well as I only had 9 xm channles. (Truck is 2 weeks old) now today the channels are back but had to reset presets. Horn still doesn’t sound on lock (yes it is checked in the settings) hope someone can shed some light. Thanks
Try doing a soft reset with the key fob on but no need to start the truck hold the volume button and the channel selector in at the same time till the radio screen goes black and reboots

Derek H

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2020 with the UConnect 12. Since day one I have had issues with the volume changing drastically up or down on it's own, and every once in a while the screen will lock up, then restart itself while I'm driving. It has been to the dealer 4 or 5 times and every time I get the same answer from them: Ram is aware of the problem, they don't know how to fix it, and they won't pay to replace the stereo. Pretty upsetting when you pay $55k for a truck only to have a major part of it not work correctly.

JC_YYZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2020 with the UConnect 12. Since day one I have had issues with the volume changing drastically up or down on it's own, and every once in a while the screen will lock up, then restart itself while I'm driving. It has been to the dealer 4 or 5 times and every time I get the same answer from them: Ram is aware of the problem, they don't know how to fix it, and they won't pay to replace the stereo. Pretty upsetting when you pay $55k for a truck only to have a major part of it not work correctly.
I have a 2022 that has been to the dealer 4 times since I picked it up on December 2nd for a black screen on UConnect. The truck has 900kms on it. The screen constantly goes black and freezes, I can’t control any settings (climate, seat heat, etc). The dealer gives the same answer that you were given - “Ram is aware”. In fact, my service advisor told me they get 4 to 5 calls A DAY about black/frozen/malfucntioning UConnect systems and there is nothing they can do except reset the system.

JohnnyAlabama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a new 1500 LoneStar which looses the FM presets but not the XMR presets. Weird.

gchalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Having very similar issue with my 2022 Bighorn. Loses all presets every 3-5 days. Also, the push button on the back of the steering wheel will go dead for days at a time. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it. Called the dealer they said they had not heard anything about it. :rolleyes:. Not the end of the world, but kind of a pain.

bull8042

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I picked my '22 Rebel on Dec 24th. It has the Uconnect 8.4 with Nav, but no Alpine. On 3 occasions it has emitted a rather loud hum from the speakers when I placed the truck into reverse. Twice the music from my Bluetooth connected phone resumed when I put the truck into park, but one of the times the radio just rebooted.
Two other occasions while driving, I completely lost sound and was unable to revive it until I restarted the truck.
I love my truck, but the Uconnect issues are pretty disheartening!

Macnh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exact same problem as gchalker, 2022 Bighorn, every 3 to 5 days randomly lose presets. There's no pattern, sometimes radio, sometimes satellite stations. And yes sometimes randomly the button on the back of the wheel to change stations goes dead. If someone has a fix that works, I will be indebted to you!!

UPDATE: did total factory reset of truck.....reset all settings and radio presets....worked great for 7 days, longest run yet...then yesterday not only lost all presets but radio was very limited, Sirius only gave me a few stations. My 1981 Olds Cutlass that I paid $4k for in 1986 that had a Sears after market stereo and kept it's presets without issue. You'd think for $50k we could make the most basic function of a vehicle work correctly.

Last edited:

Deki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My presets are gone 2 to 3 times per week. It also changes stations randomly and my steering wheel controls stop working until i do a hard reset.

Deki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Update:

Firmware update applied yesterday, over the air. Presets gone a day later. Did a hard reset, and it defaulted to the Android 8.0 operating system menu on it's own. Pretty sure that's not supposed to happen.

Attachments

• 20220213_200130.jpg
    20220213_200130.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 18

TeddS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I picked up my 2022 Rebel GT w/12" screen on December 31st. I've nothing but problems with the system. It randomly locks up, such that you cannot adjust volume, heat, seats, etc. No resolution from Ram or the dealer. No recommendations.

WFO2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had issues with XM on my new 2022 ram . It just stopped working all of a sudden and the screen would just show trying to reconnect. After several call to XM and going through all the open close the door , sending you a signal ECT. I emailed them a complaint . Finally some on from corporate that spoke English called me . He had me disconnect my phone and turn off Bluetooth. Then he had me hold the volume button for ten seconds and do a hard reboot . When it came back up XM wa working again.

Boxman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6; Etorque , 4x4 crew cab, Night Edition
I had issues with XM on my new 2022 ram . It just stopped working all of a sudden and the screen would just show trying to reconnect. After several call to XM and going through all the open close the door , sending you a signal ECT. I emailed them a complaint . Finally some on from corporate that spoke English called me . He had me disconnect my phone and turn off Bluetooth. Then he had me hold the volume button for ten seconds and do a hard reboot . When it came back up XM wa working again.

I just purchased a 2022 Big Horn Night Edition on Feb 4th. I had same problem . I found out about the reboot on a different thread. It also restored my Sirius. ( U Connect 8.4)
However, none of my USB memory sticks of music will work. They worked fine on my 2013 8.4 u connect.After searching other forums, I found that evidently U connect supposedly no longer supports .wma files (windows media player default) . The new system recognizes mp3. I copied a cd using this format and the system would recognize and play the music. Problem is , I have a lot of recorded music that I can no longer use in my new truck.

I also can't find how to get text messages to show on screen. Is this feature also gone with 8.4? I don't text while driving, but do appreciate the ability to see one in case important. I then pull over or place a phone call on hands free.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
U Connect 5, LOL...

Ginsin007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
As many posted we too would lose presets. After having truck for only 3 months, it spent April 2020 at dealership due to "radio issues". They blamed radio for car battery dying, and all kinds of things. Got truck back end of April 2020. Fast forward to end of 2020 and ALL of 2021. SiriusXM would keep changing the ESN/Radio to other IDs that were not ours. This past year it has happened at least 7 or more times. Our account would say other vehicles, and we never requested changes. This month after paying for Platinum for a year, they changed Radio ID again, and then gave us full credit. I waited a few weeks, added our radio back. Yesterday in front of ours while listening, showed UPDATE and then back to no listening. Shows Preview on SiriusXM and spent 3 hours today with them. The say check with dealership or call these 800 or 866 numbers, but it is too much. Between this and having no 2020 RAM Limited for over 13 days this year --- due to faulty battery as dealer said---first time they had it for 4 days said nothing wrong-- I asked to change battery still under warranty and they said battery has nothing wrong, only once it would not start---then 9-10 more days--- I am saddened by the problems we have had.

SiriusXM tells us to go to Channel 0 but we don't have a zero. They keep sending signals and nothing. Anyone same problems????

CatDadAF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 EcoDiesel
Wow, this thread hurts so much. Just bought my 2022 Limited today and already experiencing this issue.