Radio Very Quiet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBman2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I'm back again, been gone a while but have a new problem. My radio is lacking volume, it simply is NOT loud like it should be.

I was bestowed a 02 Ram 1500, base model, with the four speaker sound system barely working. I repaired the back door harnesses, and discovered the radio to be lacking. Like I have to run it wide open to hear it driving down the road, and that's no joke. It had some Skar speakers that recommended like 90W RMS on them, so I put back in a set of OEM speakers I got for $5 thinking maybe that's the problem. That made it worse. I've also tried THREE radios, all 3 of which have failed not long after being installed, two Pioneers and a Dual I got reduced for like $10. Same thing, radio is very very quiet, then gets to where it artifacts or just plain quits.

The last radio is a Pioneer I pulled from the junkyard. I tried it in my 98 1500, and it sounded amazing. I put it in this truck? Same thing, quiet as can be.

I know I don't have the Infinity system, so I don't expect life changing sound, but I'd like to at least know what's going on. If it's worth mentioning, my vent controls don't work like they're supposed to either, and I've failed to keep a fuse for the interior lights in it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963