Ram 12” Uconnect Zero Resolution!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mailliwwilliam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2020 Ram Limited

I’ve had 3 radios in my truck to date and the 3rd is now failing for the exact same issue! Apple Airplay, Sirius XM all will eventually crash and lock up the radio. Which means no sound, volume knob will not move volume past zero (locked), and most fail instances require complete restart (complete down power of the vehicle, radio display completely powered off) before the sound will work again. If I’m really lucky, I’ll have to disconnect the negative thermal of the battery to reset the entire radio to recover it, losing ALL presets for the entire vehicle, radio presets, vehicle presets, EVERYTHING!

Each radio that has been replaced is remanufactured (maybe/maybe not) garbage that still has the previous owners name and Sirius user information still saved and will even entertain you with repeated alerts to continue listening to the previous owners preferred programming.

For the record, I have a Ram Cares case, and have simply been told to deal with it as there is no fix for this. A supposed software update was to arrive on 4th quarter 2020, again in 2021, and now us suckers are told 2022 as the warranty slowly expires and we’re stuck with that end of the stick, per se.

I have also had the infamous steering rack problem that Ram can’t figure out and have come to the conclusion the radio, steering rack and steering column will continue to fail for the life of the vehicle and Ram Cares will just say there is no answer. We simply just can’t figure this out since 2019.

Oh and covid took all the loaner vehicles away too so while the warranted Ram junker sits in the dealer they covidsplain away why you won’t have a vehicle for days.

Someone from Ram Cares want to give this another shot at a better resolution? $70K trucks should take this much to get a fix!

TeddS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is very concerning the number of issues people apparently have with the UConnect system. I guess I should have read this Forum BEFORE ordering my 2022 Ram Rebel. The Uconnect 12 system in my 6 week old truck is GARBAGE!!! I have owned the truck for 6 weeks and it has spent 2 of them at the dealership trying to resolve the Uconnect system. As mentioned by several people elsewhere, it continually locks up, goes black or gets stuck with the back up camera on. Extremely infuriating. My dealer said I have to wait for on over the air update, but cannot force the update or even give an ETA as to when it will be completed. They recommended that I call Ram Customer Care. She essentially said the same exact thing. The only option she gave was to submit a request for Ram to purchase the truck back....quite the resolution. Maybe if they buy it back I'll go buy my truck elsewhere and quit bothering them. I guess I should have done more research before shelling out $75K for a truck. Truly buyer BEWARE!!!!!

I told my dealer as well as the Ram Customer care that if they cannot fix my truck it will be the last FCA vehicle I ever buy, and that includes my fleet of company vehicles.