Ram 1500 Limited Price Gauging by FCA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
I do not want to get off subject here but looking at the sticker and building prices its so stupid not to have tow mirrors with a 360 View option! What the hell is FCA thinking? LSD ,Tow Mirrors,392 rear gear,Trailer brake Control......why cancel the 360 option when all that is selected? So obvious one is hauling trailers and would use the 360 view while in tow!

And no side steps unless you choose the option that adds other bs one may not want!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think someone (correctly) surmised that since the tow mirrors flip over (i.e. switch orientation) it might be a technical limitation to get the 360 degree cameras to flip with them.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think someone (correctly) surmised that since the tow mirrors flip over (i.e. switch orientation) it might be a technical limitation to get the 360 degree cameras to flip with them.

That is a good point I guess,but if they can do all the other great stuff some one could figure out bluetooth cams , or would I be way out of line thinking such thoughts?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, Id agree they could probably figure it out. And maybe they will, but just not yet?

Im not quite sure what is involved in a 360 degree cam setup.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, Id agree they could probably figure it out. And maybe they will, but just not yet?

Im not quite sure what is involved in a 360 degree cam setup.

Sure would be nice to have 360 with all the other mentioned options when towing a camper or box trailer. I know since I had the 14 other have power folds but the ram could not do power folds on the tow mirrors either with the flip design....the simple solution would be to design the mirrors as a power fold tow mirror and do away with flip manual folds it seems.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
It is definitely possible. Take a look at the camera on your cell phones, as long as the feature is not turned off, it can determine when you flip the phone on its side and adjust the camera appropriately and automatically. However, that takes extra sensors/gyros/etc., all of which take a tiny bit of space, and probably the most important factor... cost. Then you also have to pay some engineers to redesign the tow mirrors to accommodate those parts, and update the computers/UConnect software to know how to run the new hardware...

I hope its coming, but its not as simple as some people think.

Boatman1013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was just building the RAM 1500 online and the RamBox is a $995 upgrade but when you add it actually adds on $1500 to the total even though it shows $995. I was at $66,040 before adding the RamBox, after adding the RamBox it equaled $67,535. Where it should have been: $67,035.

I think RAM really messed up on their pricing and I think it may be incorrect on their stickers as well. Also the Limited has only one engine option which is the V8 so that should be standard why do you pay $1195 to upgrade to the standard engine? The only upgrade should be the $800 to get to e-torque. I think RAM is price gauging their customers, and customers are not realizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boatman1013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a similar experience ordering my 2019. When doing the build/order sheet through the dealer computer, it came with different pricing vs. the FCA "Build your Ram" website. My truck stickered at around 52k, but I took it home for around 47k. Hope this helps.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh by the way.....Nice catch and thanks for the post nms2003n sure appreas to be your right on.