RAM CARES and DRAG LINK RECALL !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Mine had the same issue with my usual dealer. So she called their sister dealership 10 miles further away today and got it all setup. Mine goes in Friday for the drag link and alignment. It will be nice to have the updated part instead of weld.
This process has been very, very frustrating. I'm still waiting for Ram Cares and the dealer to make this happen. It's one thing after another. Person from Ram Cares that initially contacted me became unresponsive after a while, and then I found out she wasn't really a "case manager". She'd told me she was expediting the part to dealer, it was all a go, etc. None of that was true. Dealer started a "Star Case" about it, but then that got cancelled or lost, even though I have the paperwork on it. I now have a real case mgr who finally talked to the dealer, and they say I need to bring the truck back in so they can start a new Star case, which could take weeks again to process. Not to do any work, just to start a case. I guess they need the truck in front of them to start the case (again). This has been going on for more than a month.

I'm about the release the Kraken on them. You don't want have my wife in your face with this kind of crap going on. She will make you squirm. But I've about had it.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
An inch of weld just isn't worth all the time and aggravation so many are going through for a $200 part that takes 15 minutes to change. The math doesn't add up.
Best of luck to the rest.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
After reading all 29 pages all I can say is what a kick in the sack this turned out to be.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
An inch of weld just isn't worth all the time and aggravation so many are going through for a $200 part that takes 15 minutes to change. The math doesn't add up.
According to Ram, if the weld is ever cut off for an alignment, which mine was, you cannot safely re-weld it. The drag link needs to be replaced at that point.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
According to Ram, if the weld is ever cut off for an alignment, which mine was, you cannot safely re-weld it. The drag link needs to be replaced at that point.

Hahah thats brilliant, so they basically built a crappy part and then admitted the "fix" renders that crappy part useless after maybe a year or two of rough road riding.

FWIW FCA *and* the NHTSA should be held accountable for this. FCA more so, of course.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yeah I'm working with Kaitlin to do just that. My weld needs to be cut because the dealer that did the recall didn't check the steering wheel.

Tim0426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9hemi
My experience is neither, Ram nor Chrysler, give a ****!! I have been trying since first of March to get this fixed, or even an honest answer as to if they will fix!! May just have to spend the money myself!

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
This process has been very, very frustrating. I'm still waiting for Ram Cares and the dealer to make this happen. It's one thing after another. Person from Ram Cares that initially contacted me became unresponsive after a while, and then I found out she wasn't really a "case manager". She'd told me she was expediting the part to dealer, it was all a go, etc. None of that was true. Dealer started a "Star Case" about it, but then that got cancelled or lost, even though I have the paperwork on it. I now have a real case mgr who finally talked to the dealer, and they say I need to bring the truck back in so they can start a new Star case, which could take weeks again to process. Not to do any work, just to start a case. I guess they need the truck in front of them to start the case (again). This has been going on for more than a month.

I'm about the release the Kraken on them. You don't want have my wife in your face with this kind of crap going on. She will make you squirm. But I've about had it.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but I doubt that will help your cause. You get more bees with honey than you do vinegar, but good luck. Have you contacted Katilin @RamCares ? She has been very helpful

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L

While that is a true statement, it was a matter of principle for me. In the end ram took care of me. Yes it was more effort than it should have been, but they did.

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
Sorry to hear of your troubles, but I doubt that will help your cause. You get more bees with honey than you do vinegar, but good luck. Have you contacted Katilin @RamCares ? She has been very helpful

This is the same approach I`ve been recommending, HOWEVER, once the part was finally sent to my local dealer, I spoke directly with the service manager at my local dealer, made an appt and he assured me that the part was being held with my name on it.

I had to cancel my appt due to a family illness, when I went to schedule a new appt I found out the dealer had given my part to someone else (they claimed they have a 30 day limit on parts being held) I was never told this and it had not yet been 30 days....

When I tried to email my Ram Cares rep my email was auto returned stating that my case was CLOSED!

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THIS DONE SINCE OCTOBER OF LAST YEAR, RAM DOES NOT CARE ABOUT US!

CoZo6

2021 Longhorn Limited 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
yeah I'm working with Kaitlin to do just that. My weld needs to be cut because the dealer that did the recall didn't check the steering wheel.
They never go. They just follow orders.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
She is the one that initiated my contact with the non-case manager manager, that promised much and delivered nothing.

The truck is at the dealer now. They started another star case and are hoping to get the new drag link in early next week. I'm skeptical, but we will see.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
She is the one that initiated my contact with the non-case manager manager, that promised much and delivered nothing.

The truck is at the dealer now. They started another star case and are hoping to get the new drag link in early next week. I'm skeptical, but we will see.

Ok, good luck!

cbach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Mine was finally changed, after jumping thru a few hoops. Parts manager and service manager said they had not heard from anyone regarding my case. FCA said they had spoke to the dealer and had the part on its way to them. After a few back and forth calls, we got it figured out and the appointment set. It was installed on Wednesday.

I need to call FCA again, at my dealers request. They changed the drag link and my steering wheel is at about 10 o'clock. It was before the install, that is part of why I was so insistent that it get changed. I guess FCA would not allow my dealer to do an alignment to straighten the steering wheel. They called to get the approval and it was denied. So the service manager suggested that I call again and speak to the case manager to get this addressed as well. The dealer believes that because they replaced a steering component, an alignment should be part of the process. I agree 100%, so I'll make that call tomorrow to see where we go.

Overall, I think @RamCares did what they could and I'm happy with that. They did inform me that there has been an influx of cases so it would likely take a while for a response. So I consider that as a full disclosure, they weren't trying to avoid anyone, they are just swamped with cases and can only work so fast. Need to remember, they are human too.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Interesting. Both of the case managers I've had so far indicated an alignment was part of the deal. Dealer said they were for sure including it. Hoping all of that happens today or tomorrow.

KC15842

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
WOW, this recall is so poorly managed. I've known about the recall for some time and marked the jam nuts and every so often do a quick visual. I had some time yesterday and attempted to start the process at my Local Lake Elsinore Dealership. Huge mistake, these guys are friggin dumb asses. I will go down the path to order a replacement link from another dealership and install myself and get the alignment done at a quality alignment shop that I've used for 20 years and submit. I guess I'll just need to be ready to battle the entire process for their screw up. A friend of mine also has a 2018 2500 Cummins and his drag link actually separated and he lost his steering. He had no idea of the recall.

JMod45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I haven't kept up with this thread recently. I ordered a synergy replacement earlier today. Now I'm reading this thread, and seeing that people have actually had theirs replaced by the recall, wondering if I should cancel my order and go that route. I am about to put a new set of tires on my truck, and want to get it aligned as well, so I thought now would be the time to replace it, and get everything set right by a local alignment shop.

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I haven't kept up with this thread recently. I ordered a synergy replacement earlier today. Now I'm reading this thread, and seeing that people have actually had theirs replaced by the recall, wondering if I should cancel my order and go that route. I am about to put a new set of tires on my truck, and want to get it aligned as well, so I thought now would be the time to replace it, and get everything set right by a local alignment shop.

Just get the Synergy and be done with it!! That's what I did a year and half ago!! Never looked back, just not worth my time and hassle to deal with the idiots at FCA!!