Ram Classic Warlock Grille Letters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warlock2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Hey All,
I'm looking to make some custom RAM letters on my 2021 Warlock. Does anyone know of where I can get the 3D CAD files of the letters RAM?
I want to be able to modify them via CAD, 3D print and then put LED lights on them.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you do let me know. Tried some from a company in BC. Canada but not the right size for a Warlock .. The outfit in Vegas that used to do it fit many &$$$$ no longer does.

Last edited:

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I was actually trying to work on this myself--the letters for my Rebel grille were missing and are on backorder everywhere, so I attempted to design some myself--They aren't perfect by any means and need a bit more work as I didn't have the actual letters in my hand to design the details, but its better than starting from scratch

Screen Shot 2023-09-15 at 11.32.54 AM.png
What program do you use to design your files?

If I could get my hands on the letters I'd just use my scanner to put it into a CAD file but I've been out of luck so far

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Do you know if the Rebel RAM letters are the same size for the Warlock?
I would imagine so--they use the exact same grille and seem to share a part number
Your letters look great so far..how will you backlight them or illuminate them?
I personally didn't have any plans to backlight them, I was just going to paint them up similar to the 4th gen Ram TRX concept truck that had the letters with a dark gray front with deep red on the edges. I still have plenty of work left to do on these but I do think these could be made to work with some sort of backlight, I may look into that soon

I'm more than willing to give out the .STL file if anyone else wants to work on modeling this up

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your idea of a dark color and main body color matching edge would look great and a good option rather than backlighting.
I did find a place that does have the letters illuminated but the letter size of R A M is for the Rebel and ordinary 1500 not the Classic...darn!!

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was actually trying to work on this myself--the letters for my Rebel grille were missing and are on backorder everywhere, so I attempted to design some myself--They aren't perfect by any means and need a bit more work as I didn't have the actual letters in my hand to design the details, but its better than starting from scratch

View attachment 528324

If I could get my hands on the letters I'd just use my scanner to put it into a CAD file but I've been out of luck so far
I don't want to pop mine off, but I have a rebel, so if you want me to check a couple dimensions, I might be able to help you out.

RedRAM21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Here's a thought !
Find a Decal Overlay in the letter size... you think is right for your truck, maybe one that actually fits the truck model you have.
Use the decals are the design base for the size of the lettering, 3D Print or cut them out of a clear plastic material and put some holes in the back side of the lettering, not though hole just half or three-quarters of the way through. Base the hole to fit what you are using for LEDs... older styled dome LED may take a different hole from a Cree type LED or some pf the newer strip LEDs.
Apply the chosen Decals on the clear plastic lettering.
If my thinking is right, when installed and electrified, the LED should have a side lighted effect.

Sorry if this is not what you wanted but it just popped in my head.

NOTE: Try the lighting out before installing on the Grille... it is a lot of work to get the grille out back in !
Also, you might need to sand the edges to create a frosted/defusing effect to the lighting.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Kinda thought so..why do these companies do that..just like cell phone power cords..all about ther buck!

OP
OP
Warlock2021

Warlock2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1

View attachment 528324

Just seeing this now, thanks for the reply. So I went onto Ebay and found letters for my Ram and have been using them for reference, literaly taking a pair of calipers and designing my letters that way. I am doing something a little different in that i want to have the outline of the letters (in which then I will have Delomonico Red) then i will have transparent black. From there I plan to have red COB led strip around the perimeter of the letter (strip not seen when lit). My idea is to have a black front of the letters when off and then red when lit up. Concept picture attached. I have the LEDs on order, will update once I get done. I use CATIA so step file would work if you wanted to share files, I could do the same once i get mine worked out.

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
Warlock2021

Warlock2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Here's a thought !
Find a Decal Overlay in the letter size... you think is right for your truck, maybe one that actually fits the truck model you have.
Use the decals are the design base for the size of the lettering, 3D Print or cut them out of a clear plastic material and put some holes in the back side of the lettering, not though hole just half or three-quarters of the way through. Base the hole to fit what you are using for LEDs... older styled dome LED may take a different hole from a Cree type LED or some pf the newer strip LEDs.
Apply the chosen Decals on the clear plastic lettering.
If my thinking is right, when installed and electrified, the LED should have a side lighted effect.

Sorry if this is not what you wanted but it just popped in my head.

NOTE: Try the lighting out before installing on the Grille... it is a lot of work to get the grille out back in !
Also, you might need to sand the edges to create a frosted/defusing effect to the lighting.
Here is what I have so far in CAD, LEDs are on order so hoping I can get it too look right.

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
Warlock2021

Warlock2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Your idea of a dark color and main body color matching edge would look great and a good option rather than backlighting.
I did find a place that does have the letters illuminated but the letter size of R A M is for the Rebel and ordinary 1500 not the Classic...darn!!
I saw site online that had letters lit up, but what I saw was the letter was white and then red when lit up. I'm looking for a black dead front when not lit and then red when lit up. So I have been designing my own, hoping I can get it to work, will share the final results when I am done!

OP
OP
Warlock2021

Warlock2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I would imagine so--they use the exact same grille and seem to share a part number

I personally didn't have any plans to backlight them, I was just going to paint them up similar to the 4th gen Ram TRX concept truck that had the letters with a dark gray front with deep red on the edges. I still have plenty of work left to do on these but I do think these could be made to work with some sort of backlight, I may look into that soon

I'm more than willing to give out the .STL file if anyone else wants to work on modeling this up
I can share mine if anyhone is interested after I dial in the final results!

RedRAM21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
How will they be mounted ?

I still like the idea of the frosted plastic behind the lettering. Using Cree LEDs, the plastic can be thinner.
Using different resistors can control the light level or use strip Cree LED setup for 12 volts but you will need a dimmer IF the lighting are too bright.

SuperBright LEDs or Oznium are the Site to check out; they have just about any LED and accessory you can think of, both are good for information about LED usage.

Keep the pictures coming.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Warlock2021

Warlock2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
How will they be mounted ?

I still like the idea of the frosted plastic behind the lettering. Using Cree LEDs, the plastic can be thinner.
Using different resistors can control the light level or use strip Cree LED setup for 12 volts but you will need a dimmer IF the lighting are too bright.

SuperBright LEDs or Oznium are the Site to check out; they have just about any LED and accessory you can think of, both are good for information about LED usage.

Keep the pictures coming.
So I will be using the thru holes on the grille face that the letter plastic posts go through now.
Instead of posts I plan on having small fasteners that will screw into my new letter back.

Attachments

• IMG_2568.jpeg
    IMG_2568.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2569.jpeg
    IMG_2569.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 4

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What are you an engineer? Love your ideas..BTW the color RED cannot be displayed forward in some places...especially Canada. No forwrd facing light other than White or Amber.,Red & Blue are for Police & Emengency vehicles..FYI...looking forward to your final product will be on your list to get some...Dave.. 2021 5.7 1500 Classic Warlock Quad Cab

OP
OP
Warlock2021

Warlock2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
As matter of fact, I am engineer, Mechanical Engineer by schooling and now Engineer Manager at major appliance company.
I'll check laws here, good point. If needed I can change the lit color to purple to match my Warlock figure I had made for my tailgate.
Simple enought to do by switch out the color of transparent acrylic sheet pieces I have behind the transparent black.
More to come!

Attachments

• original-77070962-53CA-40B7-923D-2461E484A6FD.jpeg
    original-77070962-53CA-40B7-923D-2461E484A6FD.jpeg
    553.8 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
Warlock2021

Warlock2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
As matter of fact, I am engineer, Mechanical Engineer by schooling and now Engineer Manager at major appliance company.
I'll check laws here, good point. If needed I can change the lit color to purple to match my Warlock figure I had made for my tailgate.
Simple enought to do by switch out the color of transparent acrylic sheet pieces I have behind the transparent black.
More to come!
For now I painted the current letter the same color as my truck

Attachments

• IMG_2572.jpeg
    IMG_2572.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 6