RAM Mount w/ adhesive for the cell phone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would like to put a RAM Mount cell phone holder on the top of my bezel. Wondering how well the adhesive will hold up. I have a black truck and live in FL, it gets hot and humid to say the least and I don't want to spend 50 bucks on this thing if the adhesive won't hold up. Any of you guys in warmer areas used this brand with the adhesive option.

RAM Flex Adhesive Base with 1" Ball RAP-B-378U
RAM Composite Double Socket Swivel Arm for 1" Balls RAP-B-200-12U
RAM® X-Grip® Cell/iPhone Cradle RAM-HOL-UN7BU

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone?

I am also open to any other brand mount that can adhere to the left upper side of the bezel. I have seen quite a few of you with them in the cell phone mount threads, just want to know if they will hold up in the heat. I cannot mount to the center of the bezel as I will be putting the AEV 6 switch pod there. Thanks.

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I use Rokform case, it has a magnet, and the magnet has adhesive. It works flawlessly. It has never fallen either.

IMG_0031.JPG IMG_0032.JPG IMG_0033.JPG

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Can the phone be rotated on that setup?
The phone is magnetically attached...essentially floating against the magnet. However, if you look at the back of the phone in the 3rd pic, you see the notched opening. Rokform sells the adaptor for that. With it, you can rotate the phone 90 degrees and lock it into place. Hope that makes sense!

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks, that one might work if I can figure out how to get the magnet on my cheap phone.

Mine goes between my otterbox and the case, you can't even see the magnet. Mine is mounted where you see the circle in the pic attached. I borrowed SOCALs pic to keep from going outside.

IMG_0031.JPG

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The phone is magnetically attached...essentially floating against the magnet. However, if you look at the back of the phone in the 3rd pic, you see the notched opening. Rokform sells the adaptor for that. With it, you can rotate the phone 90 degrees and lock it into place. Hope that makes sense!

Gotcha, thanks dude!

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I would like to put a RAM Mount cell phone holder on the top of my bezel. Wondering how well the adhesive will hold up. I have a black truck and live in FL, it gets hot and humid to say the least and I don't want to spend 50 bucks on this thing if the adhesive won't hold up. Any of you guys in warmer areas used this brand with the adhesive option.

RAM Flex Adhesive Base with 1" Ball RAP-B-378U
RAM Composite Double Socket Swivel Arm for 1" Balls RAP-B-200-12U
RAM[emoji768] X-Grip[emoji768] Cell/iPhone Cradle RAM-HOL-UN7BU

Got a link ?

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 Off Road. 6.4L. USMC (ret)

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a link ?

Here you go below. Gave you the link to the home page since you can build your own. Click on the Phone Mounts tile and then there will be a blue Build Your Own Mount tile. From there it will throw up various build options.

I am probably going to lean in the suction cup direction like @zrfraser has. $15 vs. $55 and I don't have to adhere it and can remove or move it to another location with ease!

This is what I selected from Ram Mount:

1)RAM Flex Adhesive Base with 1" Ball RAP-B-378U
2)RAM Composite Double Socket Swivel Arm for 1" Balls RAP-B-200-12U
3)RAM® X-Grip® Cell/iPhone Cradle RAM-HOL-UN7BU

https://www.rammount.com/

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Here you go below. Gave you the link to the home page since you can build your own. Click on the Phone Mounts tile and then there will be a blue Build Your Own Mount tile. From there it will throw up various build options.

I am probably going to lean in the suction cup direction like @zrfraser has. $15 vs. $55 and I don't have to adhere it and can remove or move it to another location with ease!

3)RAM[emoji768] X-Grip[emoji768] Cell/iPhone Cradle RAM-HOL-UN7BU

I’ve got one from Walmart it’s suction cup with a sticky gel on the cup. The gel is like the booger type crap you find on temporary things stuck together.
I’ve had it in several trucks and has never failed me. Best of all it holds my iPhone 7+ with otter box with ease. It’s adjustable 3ways and rotates 360. The stocky **** doesn’t leave any traces or discoloration on the dash. I have mine in the exact spot your wanting to put yours. $20 @ Walmart

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll second the Rokform case and mount! I've used their cases on my last 3 phones and have loved each one! iPhone 5, Galaxy Note 4, and now an iPhone 7+. I actually just purchased the new mount from Rokform. It has a 3M adhesive mount that will go in the spot you are looking at with a swivel magnetic arm to attach the case to.

I actually pre-ordered the mount and just got notice that it shipped today. [emoji106]

https://www.rokform.com/products/swivel-dash-mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

3)RAM® X-Grip® Cell/iPhone Cradle RAM-HOL-UN7BU

You won't be dissapointed. Ive had mine there for about a year and its been great. Bought one for my wifes van and it sits on the dash above the head unit and sticks fine, and it has a pebbles finish which is harder to stick to. I keep my GPS mounted next to the A pillar and the phone mounted on the dash and everything is at eye level. I too wanted a RAM mount, my father in law has one in his FJ and its rock solid, but they are expensive. This does what I need it to do for less.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I'll second the Rokform case and mount! I've used their cases on my last 3 phones and have loved each one! iPhone 5, Galaxy Note 4, and now an iPhone 7+. I actually just purchased the new mount from Rokform. It has a 3M adhesive mount that will go in the spot you are looking at with a swivel magnetic arm to attach the case to.

I actually pre-ordered the mount and just got notice that it shipped today. [emoji106]

https://www.rokform.com/products/swivel-dash-mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a massive improvement over my Rokform setup. Nice!