Ram Needs Some Help In Houston, TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C3ntury

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500 CC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Heyas. I have an 09 Ram 1500 5.7 and I took my truck into Firestone just for a diagnostic due to a Cyl 6 misfire. The plugs/coils are new. They did a compression test and said cylinder 6 is running less than half compression as the others. Their advice, buy a new engine. Any thoughts on what to do? I figure they would have advised stripping it down with new lifter, etc etc. Dealership wants to run their own diagnostics, but they said it would be 5 days before they even could run a diagnostic plus almost 1k just for those.

Anyone in the Houston area know where I could take it to get looked at, preferably someone that works on hemis?

...had someone tell me to check ocv under intake manifold for metal shavings as it'd mean metal shavings in motor as well, hence block replacement (physically I am unable to check). If not, any reputable places to get a new/replacement engine?

Thank you for any insights/assistance :)

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel