Ram Scat Pack ..... Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Has anyone done a "Scat Pack" package to their Ram.

Originally the Scat Pack was an option on Challengers, Chargers and Darts... only to be revitalized in recent years as we all know. It was intended as a "trim"option.

I know there are at least 2 "Bumble Bee" Rams out there, which looks great.

I'm curious if anyone has done so not just astetically, but also mechanically as well.

Lets see your pics too :waytogo:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like what Tray Barge did. You would almost need a flat hood, but the only two hoods for the 1500s are the cowl hood as I call it or the sport hood. If you really wanted to go old school a fiberglass hood like mine would be cool.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its been done, but I am not sure how I feel about it with the cowl hood.

The Scat-Pac route is kind of the direction I'm going in, eventually.
The problem with the shaker is it's not in proportion with the truck and looks odd or funny to me, that's why I didn't pursue that route.
However, the Six Pack scoop is in perfect proportion to the truck!
Still not mounted because I had an idea I wanted to check out before ordering all my hardware from McMaster Carr to finish my scoop and mount it.
IMG_0826.JPG
IMG_1547.JPG

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Was the "Shaker" hood considered part of the Scat Pak?

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Was the "Shaker" hood considered part of the Scat Pak?
The "Scat Pack" was 3 different levels offered by MOPAR back in the 70's, but I believe these are what's offered today at each level?
1: CAI and Cat-backs.
2: All the above plus a headers.
3: All the above plus a performance cam and ported and polished heads and a tuner.
I believe these were the order/items?

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
854609-81d6c2ae5c00810bd439dc61f8a0f77c.png
Don't mean to butt in, but this is what I remembered about the Scat Pack back then. Doesn't mean I'm right!

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
View attachment 474933
Don't mean to butt in, but this is what I remembered about the Scat Pack back then. Doesn't mean I'm right!
What an era :waytogo:

I remember being a little kid, and seeing a "Super Bird" with its "wing" as we drove past a dealership. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. I knew then it was in my blood.

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
The "Scat Pack" was 3 different levels offered by MOPAR back in the 70's, but I believe these are what's offered today at each level?
1: CAI and Cat-backs.
2: All the above plus a headers.
3: All the above plus a performance cam and ported and polished heads and a tuner.
I believe these were the order/items?
Thats what my thoughts were as well, but never really looked close enough on an old school model to take note if there were other "misc" things added, such as badges, decals, colors etc.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
What an era :waytogo:

I remember being a little kid, and seeing a "Super Bird" with its "wing" as we drove past a dealership. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. I knew then it was in my blood.
I remember back in '81 I seen a orange and black one on a car lot. I stopped and ask about it and the salesman told me they wanted $3500 for it. I laughed at him and said something about them not costing much more than that new. Guess who's laughing now!!!!!! My ultimate dream car!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I remember back in '81 I seen a orange and black one on a car lot. I stopped and ask about it and the salesman told me they wanted $3500 for it. I laughed at him and said something about them not costing much more than that new. Guess who's laughing now!!!!!! My ultimate dream car!
Mine too. Other then a 70-71 Hemi Cuda Shaker Pistol Grip or a 68-70 Road Runner. My dad rode in one in the 80s that a buddy of his had. He said the only time you saw the road was when he shifted.

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
A concours quality true Superbird Daytona........ $500K +

An ok one, with miles and and wear........ $175-250K

One that need lots of love etc........ $75k

Ram1500Sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Dodge Scat Pack offers the following:

1. CAI and Catbak exhaust
2. Camshaft upgrade, valve springs, and push rods
3. CNC ported heads and Header style exhaust manifolds

My understanding is that the 3 kits cost about 10k, which is alot of money for the advertised 58 hp increase. Throw in labor and that price could go up 3 to 4 grand. Oh and stage 2 and 3 aren't emissions legal. This is why they are very popular.

Attachments

• MM_Issue 5_The_Mopar_Difference (5) (1).pdf
    325.8 KB · Views: 2

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The Dodge Scat Pack offers the following:

1. CAI and Catbak exhaust
2. Camshaft upgrade, valve springs, and push rods
3. CNC ported heads and Header style exhaust manifolds

My understanding is that the 3 kits cost about 10k, which is alot of money for the advertised 58 hp increase. Throw in labor and that price could go up 3 to 4 grand. Oh and stage 2 and 3 aren't emissions legal. This is why they are very popular.
That was a few years ago,and isn't available anymore.It was also geared more towards the 5.7's then the 6.4's.Chrysler still hasn't released their new kits for the Scat Packs,and rumour has it,they might never release them,as they can't get them past the EPA