Random and repeated self unlocking of the doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OIIIIIIIOJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hello all, I have a 2014 Ram Long Horn 4x4 with the 3.6. The last time this topic was mentioned was a couple years ago with no real answer. About two months ago while my some had the truck at college, he noticed the doors were repeatedly self unlocking as if someone was inside the truck hitting unlock as fast as they could when he walked toward his truck. I thought it was a remote issue, until last week when the truck was parked out front an all of the keys were hanging on a key hook, and the truck started unlocking over and over. Can anyone point me in a direction here? This happens at random, perhaps 1-2x per week.

Thanks
Joe

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If the fobs are out of range of the truck, it's possibly a door switch issue. Try disconnecting the driver's door switch when it happens, if not try the passenger side.
If your not sure the fobs are out of range, pull the batteries out of them when it's happening.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
I'd also pull the FOB's apart and make sure the little metal discs on the bottom of the pad didn't come loose and are floating around inside, seems to be a common issue.