Ready, set, GO!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Something has to be broken on that Ford for it to be sitting like that. Even if WDH was disconnected I can't imagine it sagging that bad. I've moved my trailer around plenty with my old 1500's without the WDH and it never sagged like that. That's with right around 1000 lbs of tongue weight.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Something has to be broken on that Ford for it to be sitting like that. Even if WDH was disconnected I can't imagine it sagging that bad. I've moved my trailer around plenty with my old 1500's without the WDH and it never sagged like that. That's with right around 1000 lbs of tongue weight.
With the big cab and short bed, he may only have 1300# - 1400# cargo capacity, and with the back of his truck already loaded like it is, he may already be right at capacity. Add another 800# - 1000# hitch weight (cargo capacity) and he's way over his limit.

Last edited:

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
When an officer of the law, has reason to pull you over when you are pulling that Grand Design Imagine.

The ticket will read
  • Gross vehicle weight rating: 8,495 pounds
DMV does not give a hoot, if it is empty & only weighs 6386
Your vehicle must be rated to tow at least 8,495 Pounds.
The trailer & tow vehicle must also be traveling in a straight line, no weaving, etc.
It depends on each individual State's Vehicle & Traffic Laws.

The DMV/BMV has really nothing to do with the weight ratings...in NYS you can register a 1/2 ton with a higher gross vehicle weight rating than what is stated from the factory (commercial plates). It's all about money for the registration here. You can't get a non-commercial/passenger plate for the HD truck ratings though...the weight rating from the factory.

I will say this...most LE are not going to be bothering anyone unless it is clearly unsafe or grossly obvious that a vehicle is overloaded or overweight. Portable scales are not something that LE will have unless they're specific DOT enforcement/State Police mostly.

The only time I've written anyone for that was someone scrapping with a 1/2 ton rotted out Chevy that should have been in the scrap yard. The frame was on the axle and there was junk stacked 6 feet past the top of the cab of the truck. Just saying...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Here the Highway Patrol will ticket vehicles that are changing lanes too often, or vehicle weaving.
I have been present, when a CHP made a vehicle that was towing, follow the officer several miles to a weigh station.
I worked for the State of California Highway Dept. back then, doing road maintenance.

In my current business, i run a Pilot Car for Over Dimensional Loads,
CHP is hired by the trucking Company, once the Oversize Loads reach a given Height, Width, Length, or Weight,
they make my job much easier.

When we moved two Dump Beds for mining trucks, we had 7 CHP with us

1693962639210.png
1693962695164.png

Last edited:

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
CHP made a vehicle that was towing, follow the officer several miles to a weigh station.
Staties....state funding through fines. Off topic, and I apologize to the OP.