Ready to pull the trigger on LT's !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of Longtubes for my ram at the end of the month. Ive been leaning on a set of the 1 3/4 ARH headers with there hi flow cats.

Ive been wondering if they come with everything I will need to install. I thought I saw that they come with gaskets, are these a decent quality? I really would like to put this together once and be done.

I know I have to send an email over to hemifever to get my tune corrected and I should be good to go otherwise! Any tips on getting these things in my truck, or possible problems I will run into on a 2014? My truck sounds pretty good with the aero on it now so I hope these will make it sound all the better with some more rumble!

Axel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram
The Stage 8 are worthless, make keyboard experts feel happy when they recommend them though. Don't use them unless you like creating things that can rattle when the graphite compresses...

Install regular bolts check, retighten if needed.

Or do like I do, buy bolts with a larger 12mm head and tighten them till you think they will almost break. Forget about them and no leaks. Lowes special....

But carry on...

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The ARH longtube setup is a very nice kit. Everything needed for the install is included, and they use a decent gasket as well. They are actually the only gaskets I will use aside from the OEM 6.1 gaskets when it comes to header installs. I dont have any issues with the bolts they supply either...just be sure to re tq them after about 500-1000 miles.

Install is very straight forward. Just remove your current manifolds, y-pipe, and the 3" straight pipe that connects the Y to the muffler. Then install the ARH longtubes and Y-pipe, and cut the 3" straight pipe to length so that you can connect the new ARH setup to your existing muffler.

The only difficult part of this install is removing the lower dipstick tube bolt on the 4wd models. It can be done in your driveway, but it is 1 of those bolts that I'm sure you will have a few choice words for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Freed127

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome, thanks for the insight guys. Ill be ordering from Moe's as usual, its nice to have a one stop shop for all my Hemi go fast parts.

Have you guys noticed any extra sound even though these are catted headers? I'm really hoping for that nice header tone as well as ailttle extra noise... hahaha

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome, thanks for the insight guys. Ill be ordering from Moe's as usual, its nice to have a one stop shop for all my Hemi go fast parts.

Have you guys noticed any extra sound even though these are catted headers? I'm really hoping for that nice header tone as well as ailttle extra noise... hahaha

Yeah Moe's Performance makes having a performance Hemi pretty easy haha.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine

Thank you. The longtubes with cats will make the exhaust note a deeper, but not too much louder. Running without cats is borderline obnoxious, so I prefer to keep the cats on my street trucks.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
a wise investment for headers is a set of #8916 4.7L & 5.7L DODGE HEADER KIT*| Stage 8 locking header bolts

header bolts are notorious for coming loose

Nope. The bolts don't come loose, the heat cycles compress the header gasket making it thinner, giving the illusion that the bolts have loosened. ALL header bolts will require retorque after a few heat cycles. Stage 8 is a waste of time and a good way to **** off your knock sensors.

The Stage 8 are worthless, make keyboard experts feel happy when they recommend them though. Don't use them unless you like creating things that can rattle when the graphite compresses...

Install regular bolts check, retighten if needed.

Or do like I do, buy bolts with a larger 12mm head and tighten them till you think they will almost break. Forget about them and no leaks. Lowes special....

But carry on...

Correct! Again, don't buy into the hype, don't drink the Kool-Aid. Stage 8's are nothing but a gimmick.

...Running without cats is borderline obnoxious, so I prefer to keep the cats on my street trucks.

I'm catless and I wouldn't say it's obnoxious at all. Granted I'm running through the stock sport muffler, but there's really not a lot of grunt, in my opinion, unless you're under the throttle. Even then it's not loud, it just sounds tougher.

Edit: Oh, and the ARH's are a pretty good setup. Get ready to fight the Y-pipe if they use the same jig to make for the Y-pipe on catless. Other than that, I used all of the hardware and gaskets that came with the kit. The only thing I DID add was I double gasketed the collector gaskets per the advice of another forum member, and I'm glad I did, because I'm pretty sure I'd have a leak had I not done that.

Last edited:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I'm catless and I wouldn't say it's obnoxious at all. Granted I'm running through the stock sport muffler, but there's really not a lot of grunt, in my opinion, unless you're under the throttle. Even then it's not loud, it just sounds tougher.

Edit: Oh, and the ARH's are a pretty good setup. Get ready to fight the Y-pipe if they use the same jig to make for the Y-pipe on catless. Other than that, I used all of the hardware and gaskets that came with the kit. The only thing I DID add was I double gasketed the collector gaskets per the advice of another forum member, and I'm glad I did, because I'm pretty sure I'd have a leak had I not done that.

Its OK with a stock muffler, but very obnoxious with the AT3030 muffler that the OP is using. I ran the exact same setup on my own truck and couldnt stand it on the street.

You also have JBA headers, not ARH. ARH uses a ball/socket flange, not the 3 bolt triangle flange that JBA uses. The ARH are much better quality, no fitment issues whatsoever, include good gaskets and bolts, and 4 o2 sensor extensions to make for an easy install.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its OK with a stock muffler, but very obnoxious with the AT3030 muffler that the OP is using. I ran the exact same setup on my own truck and couldnt stand it on the street.

You also have JBA headers, not ARH. ARH uses a ball/socket flange, not the 3 bolt triangle flange that JBA uses. The ARH are much better quality, no fitment issues whatsoever, include good gaskets and bolts, and 4 o2 sensor extensions to make for an easy install.

DUURRRRRRRR!!!!!!! Brain fart. If he's going with ARH then yeah, he shouldn't have any issues. I didn't really do enough research before getting my JBA's. If I had, I probably would have paid out the extra coin for ARH. I like the ball collector better, and the ARH's look like a better fit. I'll shut my mouth now.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
HAHA...no worries. Many guys run JBA because it is still a good bang for buck setup, but there is no question that ARH wins in the quality and fitment category. The option for a bolt on Y-pipe with cats from ARH is nice as well. JBA only offers their Y-pipe without cats.

OP
OP
Freed127

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya i prefer to keep cats since i do make some decent roadtrips during the summer. Im still surprised how theres really no drone with the aero. Worst case if i do want more noise i guess i can always go to an e-cutlout lol.

Still up in the air about a set of 5" tips tho, the shortness of the factory ones always kinda bothered me.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Ya i prefer to keep cats since i do make some decent roadtrips during the summer. Im still surprised how theres really no drone with the aero. Worst case if i do want more noise i guess i can always go to an e-cutlout lol.

Still up in the air about a set of 5" tips tho, the shortness of the factory ones always kinda bothered me.

I think you will be happy with the change from the headers...just enough to notice a difference, but not enough to be obnoxious. The 5" tips will also add to the exhaust note as well. Ours are a full 12" long, so they dont have that awkward step in them like the shorter stock tips do.

My advice would be to start with the headers first and see what you think about the sound. If you still want a little more, then add the 5" tips after.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
The top of the 5" tips stick out about 1" past my bumper, maybe 1.5"

You need to cut down the piece of 3" pipe that connects your JBA Y-pipe to the muffler. Just cut 1"-1.5" off that, and it will pull the tips back flush with the bumper.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You need to cut down the piece of 3" pipe that connects your JBA Y-pipe to the muffler. Just cut 1"-1.5" off that, and it will pull the tips back flush with the bumper.

It was like that before the header install. The Y-pipe might've moved them .25", but it wasn't much if any. I cut the stock pipe and deburred the edge to have a nice slip fit for the install of the Y.

Edit: Either way, I don't care. I'm done playing with that exhaust for a long while.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Our tips stick out about .5" more than the stock tips. If you want them flush, just cut that straight pipe back an inch, and they will tuck back in.

OP
OP
Freed127

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Our tips stick out about .5" more than the stock tips. If you want them flush, just cut that straight pipe back an inch, and they will tuck back in.

Ordered from you this morning! Cant wait to get them on! :peace:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Ordered from you this morning! Cant wait to get them on! :peace:

I'm actually looking at the order right now. Is your truck a 6sp or 8sp? We have both in stock, so these are going to ship for you today.

Thanks again.