Real mileage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I think sometimes the little things "can" make a difference. Like GM quietly improving their transmissions in the Equinox 2010. Made the tranny much lighter and mileage really improved. I think there is just a bunch of stuff we don't know. I wish some RAM engineer would give us the complete skinny across the line. Right now my 400 mile 2019 Crew 4X4 6.4box etorque hemi with ORG, susp, getst right at 15.9 on interstate in Montana with two passes to cross in 200+ mile commutes. Any idea if the engine is programmed to run differently the first 500-1000 miles?

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
5000 miles on my 2019, ant it is spot on with the window sticker mpg's.

jackham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Okay. So go with me on this for a bit. I have visited both Ram and Ford truck sites on MPG. It is abundantly clear that the sweet spot for these engines whether turbo or no is around 1,600 - 1,800 rpm. Now knowing this why can they not, especially with 8-10 speeds, make the last gear such that when cruising at 75-80 the RPM for that configuration runs at that ideal RPM. This leaves you at least 7-9 gears to tow etc. Especially since you can flip to manual mode. Seems like it would be a great way to increase the mileage.

I understand fully how they figure EPA MPG, that has nothing to do with what I am asking.

jackham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
One more thing. Won't a 3.92 allow the MDS to operate longer since the engine would not have to work as hard, increased RPM yes, but easier pull.