Real mileage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaxB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone had their 2019 long enough that the engine is broken-in? How is your mileage compared to the window sticker estimate, I believe it's 15 and 21?

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone had their 2019 long enough that the engine is broken-in? How is your mileage compared to the window sticker estimate, I believe it's 15 and 21?

I’ve got 7500 miles on my 2018 and have the same mileage rating and the exact same powertrain.

I’ve never seen 21MPG on the highway though I’m never doing the double nickel either, usually between 70-80MPH steady. I’ve seen close to 19 MPG on all highway long trips. Around town I realistically see 12-13MPG average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sadly haven’t seen mine since Wednesday and to be honest I don’t remember what the mileage is.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

With the curb weights of the trucks being as similar as they are, you're likely going to see the exact same mileage that 4th gen 5.7 drivers see. Let's rejoice at best in class power and MPG :p

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 4800 miles on my 2019. My average per tank (hand calculated - though the dash reading is usually very similar - within a tenth or two) is about 14.5 in very mixed driving. I took a trip over Memorial Day weekend when I had less than 1000 miles on the odometer and the dash was saying 21 mpg for most of the trip, until I got up to the mountains. Ended up averaging 19mpg on the trip (again, according to the dash reading of the onboard computer).

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I have 4800 miles on my 2019. My average per tank (hand calculated - though the dash reading is usually very similar - within a tenth or two) is about 14.5 in very mixed driving. I took a trip over Memorial Day weekend when I had less than 1000 miles on the odometer and the dash was saying 21 mpg for most of the trip, until I got up to the mountains. Ended up averaging 19mpg on the trip (again, according to the dash reading of the onboard computer).

Did you calibrate your odometer for your oversize tires?

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 1775 on mine and I am averaging 19.7. That’s about 75% 45mph average and 25% 75 mph. That’s 5 hours idle and 45 drive time

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not to sound like an ass, but why are non 2019 peeps commenting? Totally different truck than previous years.

I wondered this for a while too, from what I can tell most people that do this are doing it from their phones. So apparently on your phone you can't see what section you're in? I'm not sure, I always am on here on my desktop. I still have a 4th gen but like keeping up with the 5th gen forum cause I'll most likely have one in a year or two, but I have to admit I get a little annoyed when people do this. Like one of the threads by darkness I believe, asking specifically for pics of 5th gens, and then a majority of that thread ended up being endless pics of 4th gens, even after people asked them to stop.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not to sound like an ass, but why are non 2019 peeps commenting? Totally different truck than previous years.

Not to reply like an ass, but no, it's not a totally different truck. It's literally the exact same powertrain. We're talking about...well.. the powertrain. The weights of the trucks are different by hundreds, not thousands. So you're going to see the same across the board. you didn't get a new special engine with the 2019.

The main reason others are inputting information here is because they have valid information you input. Maybe OP didn't know the powertrain was literally identical? You're welcome for pointing that out for you, clearly, you were unsure of it? Also, from the phone, you can't see what sub category you're in.

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The powertrain and drivetrain in the 2019’s are largely carryover from 4th gens, at least until they release the mild hybrid models. For now, they have the same engines, transmissions, gears and differentials. 5th gens do have a bit of weight savings, but are rated the exact same MPG for the gas engines as the 4th gens, at least for the Hemi variants.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not to reply like an ass, but no, it's not a totally different truck. It's literally the exact same powertrain. We're talking about...well.. the powertrain. The weights of the trucks are different by hundreds, not thousands. So you're going to see the same across the board. you didn't get a new special engine with the 2019.

The main reason others are inputting information here is because they have valid information you input. Maybe OP didn't know the powertrain was literally identical? You're welcome for pointing that out for you, clearly, you were unsure of it? Also, from the phone, you can't see what sub category you're in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
[emoji1303]

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Regardless of the similarities, this is the 5th Generation section and those that OWN 5th Gen trucks would rather read about 5th Gen owner experiences and not clutter threads with other Gen owner input. I'll check into the 4th Generation section if I want to read about 4th Gen stuff.
You 4th Gen guys can start a 4th Gen fuel mileage thread over there.

Thanks ......

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wondered this for a while too, from what I can tell most people that do this are doing it from their phones. So apparently on your phone you can't see what section you're in? I'm not sure, I always am on here on my desktop. I still have a 4th gen but like keeping up with the 5th gen forum cause I'll most likely have one in a year or two, but I have to admit I get a little annoyed when people do this. Like one of the threads by darkness I believe, asking specifically for pics of 5th gens, and then a majority of that thread ended up being endless pics of 4th gens, even after people asked them to stop.

Lol desktops are so 20th century! [emoji6] This is true. Many of us, myself included, almost exclusively use Tapatalk on our smartphones, which does not show the forum section anywhere when viewing a post. I’m subscribed to the 5th gen forum for the same reasons you are, because when my lease is up I will consider a 5th gen at that time and I’m a data guy so want to keep tabs on all things 5th gen from a decision making standpoint.

At the end of the day this is a public forum and while it may be annoying, the same problem occurs for the same reasons in other sections. Learn to live with disappointment and simply filter out the noise as there is no way to control this type of behavior on a public forum unfortunately.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
18 Ram 2500HD 4x4
17.8 Avg on 93 oct
300 miles one way trip.

I Love my 18 Ram 2500 4x4 CC U.S.M.C.(ret) CPL

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Lol desktops are so 20th century! [emoji6] This is true. Many of us, myself included, almost exclusively use Tapatalk on our smartphones, which does not show the forum section anywhere when viewing a post.

If you are using tapatalk you can see what section you’re browsing in at the top of the page c2e6e19ba4fd732db6f6d69e2de9d6f6.jpg

I Bleed Ram Trucks

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol desktops are so 20th century! [emoji6]

Thats true the really are, but for stuff like browsing forums I much prefer it, don't think I'd enjoy it nearly as much on my phone.