Rear Brake Low Frequency Noise Dampener

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I pulled my rear disk brakes apart yesterday, cleaned and greased them up. The truck has 68K on it and they appear to be the original brakes yet. A lot of rust had to be wire brushed off.

The brake groan I hear quite often when backing out of the garage seems to be gone now. For how long, I don't know. Maybe I just got lucky. The noise might be back today.

Anyway, I noticed that these noise dampeners can be installed on the rear disks. They are billed to get rid of the annoying brake groan.

https://www.amazon.com/Raybestos-H1...tos+h14356&qid=1596159690&s=automotive&sr=1-1

Anyone with experience with these things? I understand Ford installs these on some of their vehicles.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Brake noises usually have a mechanical issue as the cause. This looks like a $20 bandaid solution.
You probably fixed it by what you did.

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
Grease (silicone brake grease) the back of the pads and the slides and metal to metal contact points, that should help or get rid of the annoying brake noises. I've seen those dampeners when searching for brakes pads. I'll be curious to see if anyone has actually used them and what their results were?

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I found using Brake Quiet spray on the back of the pads helps.