Rear camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ferret

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi I have a 2013 Ram 1500 Sport. My rear camera ( 2nd brand new one installed by dealer ) displays ashen grey. SOMETIMES when i put in reverse it will display normal for 5 seconds or so then switches back to greyed out. Anybody experiencing this? Does anybody know a cure? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Either a faulty camera or you’ve got some bad wiring from the camera to the radio. Faulty cameras are the most common.

OP
OP
Ferret

Ferret

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer installed 2 cameras that not the problem

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You could try doing a capacitive discharge to completely reset the radio. Is your radio up to date?

If all that’s good it’s likely a wiring issue.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi I have a 2013 Ram 1500 Sport. My rear camera ( 2nd brand new one installed by dealer ) displays ashen grey. SOMETIMES when i put in reverse it will display normal for 5 seconds or so then switches back to greyed out. Anybody experiencing this? Does anybody know a cure? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi @Ferret - We certainly understand why this would be concerning! If you're not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your dealer, please let us know via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Mark
RamCares

OP
OP
Ferret

Ferret

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The radio is up to date