Rear Control Arm Bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeffK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For those of you that installed the IHC cut kit, what did you torque your control arm bolts to?

I see IHC instructions are 135 upper and lower. Factory is 130 upper, 200 lower.

200 is a lot. Maybe that is why ihc stopped at 135?

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
140 ft lbs. Both upper and lower.

You got to be a big man to torque 200 ft lbs on the lowers , or have a long lever and you would definitely need to be on some type of lift.

Even with a strong torque gun, doubtful you could count on accuracy.

I would also recommend if you reuse the factory bolts, you have an extra one handy. Just in case you go for the 200 ft lbs.

I've got about 12k on mine since install and they are still tight.

OP
OP
JeffK

JeffK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
140 ft lbs. Both upper and lower.

You got to be a big man to torque 200 ft lbs on the lowers , or have a long lever and you would definitely need to be on some type of lift.

Even with a strong torque gun, doubtful you could count on accuracy.

I would also recommend if you reuse the factory bolts, you have an extra one handy. Just in case you go for the 200 ft lbs.

I've got about 12k on mine since install and they are still tight.
I contacted Core 4x4 with thier suggestions as well since it's their control arms and bolt kit. They suggested 150 so I went to that. So far so good.