Rear seat back. Fold down. Y or N

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MLNLB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Was REALLY easy for the rifle. The seat behind the drivers side, there are the two hook brackets for the seatback to hang onto. Well, a 1/2" wide piece of double sided heavy duty Velcro about 10-15" inches in length on each bracket hangs a rifle very nicely from them. It's also up high enough so that the seatback presses on the rifle snug enough to keep it from moving around at all. Leaves all the space from the bottom of the rifle to the floorboard open for taller/thicker items.
The hardest part of the modification is getting those seat bolts to break free, some were VERY tough.

View attachment 158809

View attachment 158810
AR57. I like it. Always wanted to build one of those.

What the hell state are you in where you can "transport" a loaded rifle?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

jaflowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
A lot of states consider an empty chamber to be an empty gun. I'm in Colorado.

Sorry to derail the thread a bit.

OP
OP
R

ReefRaider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When my rifle is stored in the truck. It's with a full mag in it , on an empty chamber. I'm used to clambering my rifle when I pick it up, from shooting 3 gun. Range rule about an unattended firearm being loaded. That only applies if your not starting the course of fire with the rifle. If you were stating then it's in condition 1.

Last edited:

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I cut the hooks so I can get to behind the seat but most of the time my backseat looks like this...lol

Screenshot_20190315-191159_Photos.jpg

OP
OP
R

ReefRaider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I get time plan is to only cut the drivers side. I don't need the whole seat to fold.

warwickram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
get a megacab plenty of room behind the seats.all 3 kids duffel bag fit back there when we do weekend trips

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Getting old sucks. If your lucky you'll find that out some day. Don't forget a wife and granddaughter who take presidencie over every thing.

Lmao.

I hear ya man. Between a job, wife, two kids, sports, friends and any free time I completely understand.

But thats really all it is hahahah.

OP
OP
R

ReefRaider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lmao.

I hear ya man. Between a job, wife, two kids, sports, friends and any free time I completely understand.

But thats really all it is hahahah.

This fits under the seat for now just fine. Keeping it behind the seat will require some type of mount also. Something like a saddle holster cut the bottom out for the magazine to fit. Along with its accompanying things. Some of which fit on the back of the seat for now.

2jn9GT.jpg

Last edited:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well would you just look at that. Look at that.

OP
OP
R

ReefRaider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The taxes have been paid on that and it never leaves this state.

Last edited:

jaflowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The taxes have been paid on that and it never leaves this state.
The suppressor can go to any state that's legal, no extra paperwork or ATF notification needed. If the rifle is an SBR then the ATF requires a form be sent in for notification and they send you the approved form back. Easy peasy. Nice rifle.

OP
OP
R

ReefRaider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The suppressor can go to any state that's legal, no extra paperwork or ATF notification needed. If the rifle is an SBR then the ATF requires a form be sent in for notification and they send you the approved form back. Easy peasy. Nice rifle.

True. It's just easier to put a regular carbine back there. Theres a lot of LEO out there that have no idea what the NFA is.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
LOL being a stubborn old guy . I pulled on each of those thinking one released the seat back. That's when I realized they are for car seats. Right after that is when I pulled out the manual.

I don't feel so bad now haha.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
LOL being a stubborn old guy . I pulled on each of those thinking one released the seat back. That's when I realized they are for car seats. Right after that is when I pulled out the manual.

at least you quite before something broke :)

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have 2014 Big Horn. Looked though the owners manual a lot. Only thing I've found about the rear seat is if you have heated or not. I'm not even sure what they call the things that make the floor level . But that's easy enough to figure out.

What I don't get is this.

Will the back of the rear seat fold down ? If so how ?
Been all over it but at times seems I only have one eye open. Would like to mount something behind the back of the rear seat.

I had a 2014 Big Horn. The rear seatback is stationary.

regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 010907 miles.