Rear sliding latch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Ok guys right to it. Got a 99 ram 1500 extended cab and it has the sliding rear glass. Well the latch was broke when I got the truck so I went and got another one here a while back and put it on. Ok so I’m on my second one and they keep breaking as soon as I latch them. Any fixes to these guys. There cheap made and the dealer wants 35 for there’s thats just to high for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Same problem here. They break after a couple uses. Might have to break down and buy one at the dealer, gotta be cheaper than 10 $5 ones.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Slowhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, mine's broken too.. I've tried to figure out how to make them last, but by it's design they're guaranteed to fail. Ford also used this same latch back in the 80/90's on the F-150 & Ranger, b/c I've tried to find a latch from another auto manufacture to adapt on the 2nd-gen. But If you figure it out, let us know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Yep, mine's broken too.. I've tried to figure out how to make them last, but by it's design they're guaranteed to fail. Ford also used this same latch back in the 80/90's on the F-150 & Ranger, b/c I've tried to find a latch from another auto manufacture to adapt on the 2nd-gen. But If you figure it out, let us know.

Well I came up with a permanent solution it costed me more but I had a solid rear glass installed for 100 got tires of messing with the latches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk