Rear Wheel Bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamCreeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a lot of crunching/squealing on the right back wheel of my truck. Its an 05 1500 4.7L 4x4. I have been to a few parts stores and explained that its a 12bolt rear end and every shop has shown or given me a different part. Being that its my daily I need to get the parts and fix it asap. Can anyone point me to the exact part or part number I need?

I'm also going to change both sides and the input seal on the differential since I am going to have it apart.

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2BFF8DCF-40F9-4322-A931-DF9FDC9D9A56.png It should be a 9.25 inch rear and here are some part numbers from rock auto

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Although it is a 12-bolt cover the rear axle that is in your truck is a Chrysler Corporate 9.25 LD like @Karlsweg posted earlier. You can pick up these bearings and seals at your local parts store and alot of them keep them in stock.

If you looking at your local Oreilly Auto Parts I believe their parts system identifies our rear axle as the Dana 60 which is incorrect. If you take them a part number for a Timken or MasterPro bearing they can look it up or
cross-reference it to see what they have available.

smithwessn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a lot of crunching/squealing on the right back wheel of my truck. Its an 05 1500 4.7L 4x4. I have been to a few parts stores and explained that its a 12bolt rear end and every shop has shown or given me a different part. Being that its my daily I need to get the parts and fix it asap. Can anyone point me to the exact part or part number I need?

I'm also going to change both sides and the input seal on the differential since I am going to have it apart.

Just a thought, are you sure its a wheel bearing and not the parking brake assembly?