Rear wheel spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, i want to bring rear tyres out so they looks same as front tyres. What size spacer it need for rear? 2020 DS classic Laramie. Thanks

ibike

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You got pics to show what your issue is?

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stock wheels ? I don't like using spacers but I did run a 1/4 inch spacer on my camaro in the rear for this reason. I know you guys go my mm just make sure your wheel studs are long enough for the nuts to have enough threads.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I looked up Ram wheel spacers and 1.5" seems to be a real popular size. Thats for a genuine machined spacer with new wheel studs. But I think that would be more width than you're thinking, if your goal is to gain a little width in the rear. And might cause rubbing depending on your tire/wheel combination.

If you went 1/4" (6.5mm), the rim/wheel *might* still fit onto the axle hub centers.

OP
OP
Skram1500

Skram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stock wheels ? I don't like using spacers but I did run a 1/4 inch spacer on my camaro in the rear for this reason. I know you guys go my mm just make sure your wheel studs are long enough for the nuts to have enough threads.
No stock wheels. I am running 20x10-18 with 35x12.5” tyres. Just want to make front and rear tyres sits same same. From factory rear tyres sits in as compared to front.

OP
OP
Skram1500

Skram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked up Ram wheel spacers and 1.5" seems to be a real popular size. Thats for a genuine machined spacer with new wheel studs. But I think that would be more width than you're thinking, if your goal is to gain a little width in the rear. And might cause rubbing depending on your tire/wheel combination.

If you went 1/4" (6.5mm), the rim/wheel *might* still fit onto the axle hub centers.
I just want to make front n rear wheel sits same same. From factory front wheel sit outer than rear. I am running 20x10x-18 wheels with 35x12.5” tyres.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
If all four wheels are the same width and offset they should sit the same.
Stock they all sit the same, not sure why are saying they don't.

gtomike60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Measure the front width,then measure the rear width,then buy the correct spacer
This isn't rocket science

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP, are talking about the way the truck 'looks'? Are you wanting to equalize out the *visual amount* of fender overhang front->rear? Or the actual 'track width' of the pickup (??).

According to the documents I found, there's between .5" & 1" difference between front->rear (rear being narrower) ...depending on certain frame type/options. So you'd probably want to measure across your tires to begin with. Then add either 1/4" spacers to each rear wheel or something a little wider. But if you add 1/2", then the wheels probably won't fit onto the axle center properly and you could be putting yourself and your truck in a dangerous safety situation. If your axle is 1/2" narrower, then 1/4" spacers would be the trick. Check wheel stud length. You might need to replace yours with longer. Most hub adapters I've seen (machined units which contain studs) are in the 1" range, ea. But if you can find some 1/2", that would get you where you want to be.

I personally don't keep up on wheel adapters, but the ones I've seen are in the 1"+ range. So, 1/4" spacers would be the least expensive way to get where you seem to want to be. Although if you need to replace wheel studs to acomodate for the spacers, that's a fair amt of work/cost too. With 35" tires, I would want plenty of thread on the lug nuts. I've personally had a wheel come loose (2x over the yrs). What's amazing is once the wheel starts to vibrate (loose), the point from when you detect something's wrong to the point when you can emergency pull off the road, the lug nuts unscrew themselves amazingly quick. Pretty much by the time you pull over and stop, they're unscrewd a lot (and an AL wheel is usually egged-out & toast around the lugs). I've known a couple guys who've had wheels literally come loose and fall off. They didn't even know it was happening (they say). That usually results in body damage, possibly an accident and of course a ruined wheel. And, you know ...Rams use 5 lugs ..whereas many pickups (most 4x4's) use 6. That means to me that Ram wheels could be at higher risk of loosening up if not done properly, esp with 35's. So, whichever way you go, please do it safely. Don't overlook your, or a passenger's personal safety and possibly put your $40k+ truck investment (or whatever it is) at risk.

Does that help with your original question?

Track width shown below - last pg:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Skram1500

Skram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If all four wheels are the same width and offset they should sit the same.
Stock they all sit the same, not sure why are saying they don't.
Have you ever check the how wheels sits. From factory front wheels sit outer than rear wheels. Have a look at the wheels.

OP
OP
Skram1500

Skram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP, are talking about the way the truck 'looks'? Are you wanting to equalize out the *visual amount* of fender overhang front->rear? Or the actual 'track width' of the pickup (??).

According to the documents I found, there's between .5" & 1" difference between front->rear (rear being narrower) ...depending on certain frame type/options. So you'd probably want to measure across your tires to begin with. Then add either 1/4" spacers to each rear wheel or something a little wider. But if you add 1/2", then the wheels probably won't fit onto the axle center properly and you could be putting yourself and your truck in a dangerous safety situation. If your axle is 1/2" narrower, then 1/4" spacers would be the trick. Check wheel stud length. You might need to replace yours with longer. Most hub adapters I've seen (machined units which contain studs) are in the 1" range, ea. But if you can find some 1/2", that would get you where you want to be.

I personally don't keep up on wheel adapters, but the ones I've seen are in the 1"+ range. So, 1/4" spacers would be the least expensive way to get where you seem to want to be. Although if you need to replace wheel studs to acomodate for the spacers, that's a fair amt of work/cost too. With 35" tires, I would want plenty of thread on the lug nuts. I've personally had a wheel come loose (2x over the yrs). What's amazing is once the wheel starts to vibrate (loose), the point from when you detect something's wrong to the point when you can emergency pull off the road, the lug nuts unscrew themselves amazingly quick. Pretty much by the time you pull over and stop, they're unscrewd a lot (and an AL wheel is usually egged-out & toast around the lugs). I've known a couple guys who've had wheels literally come loose and fall off. They didn't even know it was happening (they say). That usually results in body damage, possibly an accident and of course a ruined wheel. And, you know ...Rams use 5 lugs ..whereas many pickups (most 4x4's) use 6. That means to me that Ram wheels could be at higher risk of loosening up if not done properly, esp with 35's. So, whichever way you go, please do it safely. Don't overlook your, or a passenger's personal safety and possibly put your $40k+ truck investment (or whatever it is) at risk.

Does that help with your original question?

Track width shown below - last pg:
Thanks for the brief explanation. Yes just talking about the 'looks'. Truck investment here in Australia is $110000. Cheers

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Use a tape measure and measure the front width (FW). Then measure the rear width (RW). Take the two and subtract to get the width differential (WD). Then divide that by 2 to get the wheel spacer thickness needed.
FW - RW= WD
WD ÷ 2= WST

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the brief explanation. Yes just talking about the 'looks'. Truck investment here in Australia is $110000. Cheers

Whoops! My bad. Must have look at the wrong person's message.

P.S. Australia=great! (Been there!)