Reimbursement for extended wa on leaky windows?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ksauers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Anyone hear an about reimbursement for extended warranty on leaky windows? Has anyone actually got money back yet?

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I did find a TSB on the rear window extending the warranty. Nothing about reimbursement tho. If you had it done at a dealership tho you may have a good case to get a refund. See attached TSB.

Attachments

• backlite.pdf
    307.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Mine was in the dealership for the center stop light leak, covered by the extended warranty. I think it’s the rear window rail (which is also covered by a separate extended warranty) but they feel confident that it’s the light. There’s water stains on the headliner near the center light(on the interior). The stain runs to over the driver side passenger seat. Three week wait on parts now. They still can’t figure out the source of the other leak on the drivers floor board.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2019 covered under both extensions. Dealership just replaced the CHMSL under extension, and a Brand New entire rear window with slider assembly on order to be replaced under Warranty also. Me thinks a lot of warranty work that should be/not be covered up to your Dealership and How good their SA and Service dept is, and if they want to fight for U. I am fortunate: Got a pretty dang good dealership.

I also just had my E FAN replaced under my Maxcare warranty I bought and my Dealership waived and paid my $100 warranty deductible cause it took so long to get done. Also, on warranty coverage letter, there is a section that U can file for reimbursement if you already paid for work done. But getting it covered: well that is a different discussion .

Warranty FCA Backlite-1.jpg

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
I wish they would tell me why my 2019 isn't covered.

Last edited:

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I wish they would tell me why my 2019 isn't covered.

Did you read the TSB/Warranty I posted earlier in the thread? Bring that with you. It absolutely covers power sliding windows, even calls it out in the TSB.

Only thing I can think of why you wouldn't be covered is if you bought your truck used and was a Canadian truck. Warranty does not typically carry over from Canada to US tho some folks have had luck getting it transferred and/or buying extended warranty packages.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Bought my truck new, in the US. Dealer says I'm not in system and I'm not covered, Ram Cares says the same thing. Neither one can tell why I'm not covered. Even took the TSB with me.