Relay problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron howard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 v8
Ok you guys I have one for you. I have a 1995 Dodge ram 5.9 I have changed everything such as cam and crank sensor coil wires plug distributor cap now this is where it gets tricky the truck just randomly dies so I would swap relays on the asd and it will crank back up and drive for a while and then die again so I'll swap the relay with the same one I just took out and it cranks again somebody please explain that to me

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My first guess i that when you pull the relay, you somehow temporarily reset whatever condition cause the shut-down. Does your money light come on when the no start occurs or when you are driving it? Get someone with a good scan tool to pull any codes that may be currently showing or stored. Get a wiring diagram and follow the signal to and from the relay and see where it goes ad start hunting there. Sounds like you've already tried shotgunning parts at it, time to do the diagnosis scientifically.

OP
OP
R

Ron howard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 v8
No that's the thing it never throws a check engine light