Relocate the radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Proride86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
any one relocate the radiator on a ram 1500 or ever ran diesel radiators I want to move my rad to the center i was thinking about the diesel rads so I can use the diesel intercooler ?? Any one do this ?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The front is setup so that all the cooling apparatus fits across the front with equal access to air. First question is, why? Do you intend to get rid of the A/C condenser, trans and PS coolers as well?

OP
OP
P

Proride86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My trans cooler is mounted in the box of the truck and removing the Ac

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Haven't quite done what you are asking, but installed a all aluminum BBC radiator using adapter plates. I'm still a little short in cooling IMO and will have a custom radiator built next. My radiator is like a module unit that includes the HD trans cooler, PS cooler and efan as a package. The intercooler heat exchanger is behind the front bumper with it's own efan. It cools ok under normal driving but warms up under heavy boost.
20161013_142912.jpg

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My trans cooler is mounted in the box of the truck and removing the Ac

Have fun with that, your truck is designed to use the AC compressor when you kick on the defroster lol...I'm willing to bet where you're located that gets use quite a bit....
So you routed your trans cooler to the bed? Why lol? You need to post a pic of that lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Proride86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ya it’s mounted in the box with a fan on it this is drag truck bud not a fukn daily driver lol and no I don’t need ac at all haha the truck doesn’t even have a heater box any more it’s gone

OP
OP
P

Proride86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I wanted to use the diesel rads just cause I have a bunch of smashed trucks with good rads and they would pop right In and fit in the oem location I’m also going to run electric fans it’s a little. Big of a rad why I was wondering if any one has done it and then I can use the oem intercooler and it would fit perfectly I don’t have a battery or inner fenders under the hood so I have lots of room to run the piping

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Pictures would be good to see. While the diesel stuff would do the job they may be a little on the heavy side for a max effort drag truck..