Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay s

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
Hi, I am new to the forums and new to the truck it's my first dodge ram 1500 classic eco diesel it is About month old.

Now my truck came with the remote starter, and when I press it twice, it turns on how it's supposed to.
One thing I noticed is when the battery turns on it does not leave enough time for glow plugs to fully charge before the crank

Is there a way I can delay that time, so glowplugs have enough time to fully charge before the crank. I do have alphaobd. Is there an option in there?

Please help.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hi, I am new to the forums and new to the truck it's my first dodge ram 1500 classic eco diesel it is About month old.

Now my truck came with the remote starter, and when I press it twice, it turns on how it's supposed to.
One thing I noticed is when the battery turns on it does not leave enough time for glow plugs to fully charge before the crank

Is there a way I can delay that time, so glowplugs have enough time to fully charge before the crank. I do have alphaobd. Is there an option in there?

Please help.
If it’s the factory remote start, then it will automatically allow the necessary wait time based on ambient intake temp. The wait time will vary depending on temperature.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
@Jay s like what @Jimmy07 stated, the OEM remote start will delay cranking the engine until the glow plugs are ready. The same goes for Tip starting the engine, if you have the key fob that goes in the dash just turn forward all the way and let go. There is no need to turn the key to on and wait before turning it to crank the engine, nor do you have to hold it to keep the engine cranking.
I've remote start or Tip start my EcoDiesel since it was new, it will delay for the glow plugs when needed. Most of the time when it's warm out the truck won't delay very long or not at all.
Is this what your remote looks like?remotestart.jpg
orremotestart2.jpg
It should be the OEM remote start.