Remote Starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BCVT1972

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Tradesman Crew Cab
Engine
V8
I'm having a factory remote starter installed.
Will the Ram phone App then allow me to start with cell phone?
Currently there is only Unlock, Lock & Horn on the App.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
If they install it right, yes it should. Why would you not ask them that question BEFORE spending big bucks doing this. If they can't answer that question, I would not be using them for the install.

OP
OP
B

BCVT1972

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Tradesman Crew Cab
Engine
V8
Short staffed Monday due to holiday.
I'm fine with the key fob start button. Not a huge deal if the app doesn't allow it.

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I thought the app only allowed it if you had uconnect. Might have to revisit my settings.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The app is nice for starting your truck when out of range of the fob. Otherwise I find it pretty useless.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I thought the app only allowed it if you had uconnect. Might have to revisit my settings.
You do need Uconnect. I don't have it either, I very rarely use remote start, let alone use it where the FOB range would be an issue. I do not believe in letting vehicles run. I start it, put it in gear and drive GENTLY away while it is warming up. They heat up WAY faster and so does the Trans, diffs etc, when moving.

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks. I just revisited my App (hadn't used it since I bought the truck in Sep). No "Remote Start" listed. I use the key fob all the time to start it, but usually doesn't run for more than a minute before I'm in it and moving.