remote wire help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olbaid_83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
got my amp and subs all wired up tonight when i noticed my amp didnt turn off when the radio went off. had the remote wire run to the radio fuse under the hood. since that has constant power were else can i run it to? its an 02 with the base model radio with single disc player

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What about your windshield wipers? Those are only on when the truck is,

OP
OP
olbaid_83

olbaid_83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
i saw a post where someone wired it to a switched power socket. do you happen to know which one is switched. i have my kids today so i dont have time till later to go work on it.

OP
OP
olbaid_83

olbaid_83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
k ran it to the cigarette lighter socket (closest to steering wheel) and it works perfect.

hemihunter

Reaction score
Originally from Pensacola, Fl. Just got stationed
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you have an AM head unit, splice it to the REM wire on the back of it. IF not, find a fuse that isn't on all the time. Your radio fuse stays on so that it "saves" your preset stations, time, ect. I wouldn't hook it up to like your airbags or anything like that, just in case it shorts, but other than that take your pick. My buddy has his on the cruise control fuse. I've got mine on my head unit REM wire. It'll work either way.