Replace fog lights with LED?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm wondering if replacing the halogen fogs with some rectangular high-output LED units (Rigid, etc) might be more usable than a big light bar in the lower grille? Many of the fogs have specific output patterns you can choose, so I wouldn't be blinding oncoming traffic.
Has anyone else considered/done this? I've only seen trucks with stock round housings do this so far.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Curious as well. I've been trying to figure out what to do with my fogs. I'm getting LED bars either way, but they'll never be used on the road. I use my fogs a lot though and don't want to blind people with them. Right now I just have some bright white halogens in there and they look pretty good and they light the side of the road up nicely.

hawg44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Curious as well. I've been trying to figure out what to do with my fogs. I'm getting LED bars either way, but they'll never be used on the road. I use my fogs a lot though and don't want to blind people with them. Right now I just have some bright white halogens in there and they look pretty good and they light the side of the road up nicely.

what bright lights are you using now?

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
what bright lights are you using now?

They're actually some ebay cheapies. Said Xenon Platinum. They're 8000k but they're barely blue at all. Happen to be a fluke I got them as I ordered the wrong fogs first, then actually liked the output. They're brighter than the ones my truck had in it when I bought it though.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah I wanna see some pics as well. What kind do you have?

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
These look interesting, but dont think they sell them for the fogs

yodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 hemi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am very curious about this too. I have some rigid d2 pods just laying around. I know there are mounts made for Chevys. But I am blah sure how it would look with the vertical fogs. That's my only concern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
cjc makes brackets to mount dually in place of the factory third gen fogs but I havent seen any fourth gen options

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
I want to do some led pods.. i think they'll look great in the vertical fogs.. Would love to do 2 on each side.. or a 4-5" long one if it exists.

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ram Year
'12CC / '15RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i installed some LED bulbs (31W cree)

not as bright as the HID's i had and also the light output is a more flooded than the HID's over all like them alot more than the hids and they are a direct replacement without and errors.
Heres a pic:
RAM-fogs_zpsdd4b52cc.jpg

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Fog bulb $?

i installed some LED bulbs (31W cree)

not as bright as the HID's i had and also the light output is a more flooded than the HID's over all like them alot more than the hids and they are a direct replacement without and errors.
Heres a pic:
RAM-fogs_zpsdd4b52cc.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Can I ask how much u paid for the 31w cree bulbs? Thanks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm debating about getting some 50-watt Amber/Orange 9006 Cree LED bulbs for my fog lights... they're supposedly 900 lumens.

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ram Year
'12CC / '15RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for sharing. Can I ask how much u paid for the 31w cree bulbs? Thanks

About 30$ on eBay.

their is also a 80W version for 48$, on eBay as well.

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
cjc makes brackets to mount dually in place of the factory third gen fogs but I havent seen any fourth gen options

Thanks for that info, just checked out the CJC site for fog lights on my 3rd gen. Definitely would like to add more light up front then the stock lights.