Reset UConnect 8.4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn, UConnect 8.4, no navigation. Lately I've noticed when listening to FM radio, the song title information and artist information is either incorrect, incomplete, or missing altogether. I've also lost 2 of my 3 HD multi-casting channels I had preset into my system. All I get when trying to tune in these stations is "Buffering..." or "HD Station not available."

When I hop into my wife's 2015 Charger SXT, UConnect 8.4, non-nav I get proper song title information and artist information. Her UConnect 8.4 does not have HD radio multi-channel capability so I can't test those extra channels.

I figured I'd reset my 8.4 radio. There is conflicting information on how to accomplish this. One way is to put the ignition in the Run position then press and hold in the upper right hand corner of the screen for 10-20 seconds. The radio will reboot itself. This is called a soft reset. It doesn't work on my radio.

Another method I read about is to press and hold the Volume and Tuner until the radio reboots. This also did not work.

Another method is to go into the Apps menu, scroll down to Reset System and press that. However, I think that resets everything on the 8.4 system and not the radio only.

I also seem to remember a way to reset the radio using the climate control hot/cold buttons, but couldn't find it.

What's wrong with my radio and what should I do to fix it?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn, UConnect 8.4, no navigation. Lately I've noticed when listening to FM radio, the song title information and artist information is either incorrect, incomplete, or missing altogether. I've also lost 2 of my 3 HD multi-casting channels I had preset into my system. All I get when trying to tune in these stations is "Buffering..." or "HD Station not available."

When I hop into my wife's 2015 Charger SXT, UConnect 8.4, non-nav I get proper song title information and artist information. Her UConnect 8.4 does not have HD radio multi-channel capability so I can't test those extra channels.

I figured I'd reset my 8.4 radio. There is conflicting information on how to accomplish this. One way is to put the ignition in the Run position then press and hold in the upper right hand corner of the screen for 10-20 seconds. The radio will reboot itself. This is called a soft reset. It doesn't work on my radio.

Another method I read about is to press and hold the Volume and Tuner until the radio reboots. This also did not work.

Another method is to go into the Apps menu, scroll down to Reset System and press that. However, I think that resets everything on the 8.4 system and not the radio only.

I also seem to remember a way to reset the radio using the climate control hot/cold buttons, but couldn't find it.

In my 2014, I could lose HD reception (in the same way you describe) if I turned on LED foglights or headlights.

Dave M S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I posted a thread about having issues with my screen, I found the only thing so far that worked for me was to disconnect the positive lead on the battery for a couple of hours and then reconnected it, seem to work for me, the soft resets didn't help at all.

EricPed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I'm having the issue with the radio presets resetting themselves every couple of days. Any idea if they battery disconnect method might resolve that? I was going to pull the fuse to accomplish the this, but it's not clear what fuse should be pulled. Thanks

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm having the issue with the radio presets resetting themselves every couple of days. Any idea if they battery disconnect method might resolve that? I was going to pull the fuse to accomplish the this, but it's not clear what fuse should be pulled. Thanks
There is an inline fuse in the engine bay just in front of the battery and the brake booster mounted on the firewall. If that doesn't fix it a firmware update might.

Last edited: