Review: Customtronix Enzo 1/2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOPAR LOVER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Two questions about the Enzo
1/Will I need to add the HDMI streamer to the Enzo for iphone mirroring?
2/The Enigma Premium does not need a software update, I will need to update the Enzo anytime Uconnect release a new update?
Thank you

michael st just

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it possible to fit a front camera onto a 2012 Longhorn? I have searched, but everything seems to be for 2013 model years. If someone could put me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Hawk11nw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Question for anyone that may have purchased this, will this correct the XM radio station names on the EVIC? When I change channels on XM, if the name is to long, the EVIC will display the previous radio station name that was previously selected, example If Im on Octane, it will show Octane on the EVIC, If i switch to a radio station like Classic Rewind or Ozzies Boneyard, it will not show on the EVIC, it will remain showing Octane on the EVIC. If i swap to another station with a shorter name, like Hair Metal, the EVIC will display the name. I hope that makes sense, Thank you!

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Is it possible to fit a front camera onto a 2012 Longhorn? I have searched, but everything seems to be for 2013 model years. If someone could put me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

With a third party deck like a Kenwood or Alpine or something that has two camera inputs it should't be a problem. something like this for example that has 3 camera inputs.

Ylikessu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
FYI, enzo does not work if you have backup camera in rearview mirror and cargo-cam in radio.

MDG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Two questions about the Enzo
1/Will I need to add the HDMI streamer to the Enzo for iphone mirroring?
2/The Enigma Premium does not need a software update, I will need to update the Enzo anytime Uconnect release a new update?
Thank you

I'm considering the Enigma Premium too, and I have the same questions.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I recently installed the Customtronix Enzo into my truck that I have an 18' UAQ 8.4 Ram radio retrofitted in to. I have installed the keypad and rebooted the radio 4+ times after enabling dip switches 1,2,7, & 8. The radio reboot works when holding the #1 button on the keypad but when pressing any of the keypad buttons to display cameras the front camera screen does not display and the factory installed reverse camera does not work when pressing button 4. I do not yet have a front camera installed. However I have the factory installed backup camera and cargo camera. Do anyone have any idea what I may be experiencing or how to resolve the issue? Also, since my truck came with the cargo camera from the factory does the cargo camera dip switch need to be set to the on position or should I leave it off? I'm also wondering if the park pro will work and if the front camera will automatically come on when shifted into gear because my truck has a factory manual transmission instead of the more common automatic. I've sent Magnus an email and sent a detailed question on their contact section on their website. There is a before & after picture of the harness from me cleaning it up by wrapping it on Tesa tape to help make it look more factory. I would appreciate any input. Also used HD velcro to mount the dip switch box under the radio along with the video & aux inputs to avoid having to remove the radio for future cameras added or multimedia.

ecf12a4bb0a22b5f9b3237bc02f7fc5b.jpg6842f9ed650c040a8b15864333964817.jpg1f21b7a1a4808a6254bc67aec671471b.jpg

16' CCSB 4X4 G56 2500 6.7 SLT CTT tuning, UAQ, Single Zone ATC

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Update: After sending Magnus @ Customtronix an email I was able to get some information on the issues I'm experiencing. He stated that it will not work because the canbus message is different for auto vs manual. I was informed that they don´t trigger on manual. He also stated that the keypad (used for manually & quickly viewing video inputs) will not work with a manual transmission as the back button triggers differently than the keypad. It's unfortunate that the keypad doesn't work as I could live with the front camera not automatically engaging when the corresponding dip switch for park pro is set to the on position. Due to my truck being a G56 and having the factory installed cargo & reverse cameras I have to cycle through the media inputs with either the back button or mute button on the radio bezel. The navigation address in motion lockout disabled feature still works correctly which is also nice. So until I find a way to easily view my front camera with me not being able to use my cargo camera input on the radio I will have to deal with utilizing the back and or mute buttons on the radio to view my front camera.

16' CCSB 4X4 G56 2500 6.7 SLT, CTT tuning, UAQ, Customtronix Enzo, Single Zone ATC

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Update: After sending Magnus @ Customtronix an email I was able to get some information on the issues I'm experiencing. He stated that it will not work because the canbus message is different for auto vs manual. I was informed that they don´t trigger on manual. He also stated that the keypad (used for manually & quickly viewing video inputs) will not work with a manual transmission as the back button triggers differently than the keypad. It's unfortunate that the keypad doesn't work as I could live with the front camera not automatically engaging when the corresponding dip switch for park pro is set to the on position. Due to my truck being a G56 and having the factory installed cargo & reverse cameras I have to cycle through the media inputs with either the back button or mute button on the radio bezel. The navigation address in motion lockout disabled feature still works correctly which is also nice. So until I find a way to easily view my front camera with me not being able to use my cargo camera input on the radio I will have to deal with utilizing the back and or mute buttons on the radio to view my front camera.

16' CCSB 4X4 G56 2500 6.7 SLT, CTT tuning, UAQ, Customtronix Enzo, Single Zone ATC
Update #2: LIGHTBULB moment last night. I was thinking about how I had purchased the rax video switch when I ordered my Enzo in the case I may want to add an abundance of cameras or video inputs later down the road. I remembered that the RCA cable labeled CCA on the Enzo harness (separate from the additional video inputs; front cam & multimedia) was for the input of a cargo camera if your truck was not equipped with one from the factory although mine did. Tonight I have confirmed my suspicion after installing the video switch inline with the cargo camera rca on the Enzo followed by connecting my front camera to the opposing end. Now all I have to do is touch the soft key on my radio for cargo cam. I have left the switch in the 1st position defaulting to the front camera. Flip the switch while viewing the front camera you then see the cargo camera feed all without having to double click the mute button or hold the back button for 2 seconds to view the front cam. Apologies for the drawn out posts but I enjoy potentially helping someone that may run into this in the future while sharing my experiences. Eventually I would really like to come up with a way to remove the Enzo completely yet still obtain my video switch for the cargo & front camera as the auto functions do not work with my G56. However it is nice for a passenger to have the ability to be able to enter navigation addresses while in motion.

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Hey I bought an Enzo for my 2014 Ram 2500 back in September. I have upgraded to the Panasonic UAQ. I am having the exact same issue with my four button keypad, if I hold down button 1 it will reset the radio but none of the will switch inputs. My truck is an automatic so I’m not sure what the problem is. I contacted them for this issue and the fact I had lines on my screen when using the front camera and rear camera. They sent me another unit free of charge. I just swapped it out today, lines are gone but keypad still doesn’t work. I am going to reach out to them again.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey I bought an Enzo for my 2014 Ram 2500 back in September. I have upgraded to the Panasonic UAQ. I am having the exact same issue with my four button keypad, if I hold down button 1 it will reset the radio but none of the will switch inputs. My truck is an automatic so I’m not sure what the problem is. I contacted them for this issue and the fact I had lines on my screen when using the front camera and rear camera. They sent me another unit free of charge. I just swapped it out today, lines are gone but keypad still doesn’t work. I am going to reach out to them again.
Have you checked your connections for the keypad on the harness? I disconnected my keypad since the other functions would not work due to my truck being a manual. I'm not sure what else could be causing the issue since yours is an automatic. I was lucky and instead of them having me return it I got a full refund and I'm still able to utilize the harness for my video switch to have my factory cargo camera and front camera on the same soft key input.

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you checked your connections for the keypad on the harness? I disconnected my keypad since the other functions would not work due to my truck being a manual. I'm not sure what else could be causing the issue since yours is an automatic. I was lucky and instead of them having me return it I got a full refund and I'm still able to utilize the harness for my video switch to have my factory cargo camera and front camera on the same soft key input.

I checked it and didn’t see any issues. What’s weird is it will restart the radio, and when I am on video input 1 if I push the button 2 it dims the screen and button 4 makes the screen brighter, so the keypad is working just not doing what is supposed to do.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I checked it and didn’t see any issues. What’s weird is it will restart the radio, and when I am on video input 1 if I push the button 2 it dims the screen and button 4 makes the screen brighter, so the keypad is working just not doing what is supposed to do.
That's exactly what mine would do. Anytime I pushed one of the other numbers on the keypad while on video 1 it would dim the screen and if I pressed a different key it would get brighter again.

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's exactly what mine would do. Anytime I pushed one of the other numbers on the keypad while on video 1 it would dim the screen and if I pressed a different key it would get brighter again.

Well that makes me think that it doesn’t have to do with yours being a manual, because mine is an auto and doing the same thing. I have been emailing Magnus today so I will see what he says. I sent him a picture of the dip switches and a video of what it is doing.

On mine 2, 7, and 8 are down the rest are up. Hopefully we get it figured out but I think it will take a software update because I feel the hardware is working correctly. Maybe it has something to do with it being a 2500... I don’t know just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey just to follow up on this, I have been working with Magnus and sent me an update which fixed the issue of my buttons not switching inputs.

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The update fixed the buttons but today I realized it broke my radio. Very weird issue, the only stations that come in are HD channels. The display is weird and my XM satellite radio is missing. When I tune to a non HD channel I don’t get any audio.

I put the other Enzo back in that I didn’t update and my radio is back to normal but the buttons don’t work again but that is better than the radio being a jacked up.

Magnus is stumped at the moment.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Did you pull the 20A inline radio fuse near the firewall (or discount the battery) and wait for the radio to complete it's reset? (Takes longer with UAQ/ UAS Panasonic radios).
Reset isn't complete until SXM button and BuCam appear/start working again... Can take several key cycles & 30mins or longer

M² Mods.

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you pull the 20A inline radio fuse near the firewall (or discount the battery) and wait for the radio to complete it's reset? (Takes longer with UAQ/ UAS Panasonic radios).
Reset isn't complete until SXM button and BuCam appear/start working again... Can take several key cycles & 30mins or longer

M² Mods.

I didn’t pull the fuse. My backup can worked fine. UAQ has been installed for awhile and the Enzo has been too. It only happened after the update to the Enzo.

I did reset the unit about 6 times and it has been through multiple key cycles over a few days.

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been working with Magnus today and he found a bug in the update. He sent me a new file and everything seems to be working correctly now.