Rock light wiring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got the Nilight Rock lights with 8 lights, bluetooth and run off an app. I would like to wire them so that they will come on with the other lights when I unlock the doors or open the doors and would still like to be able to turn them on while driving. I am good with wiring in a switch. If I turn them on while driving, I do not want to have to turn on the interior lights.

I have these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KF88G32?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

How can I wire them in to do this?

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Those are similar to the set that I have. We tried that with mine but the app not only controls colors/patterns etc, it also is the on/off controller. If yours is the same way, then they will not come on unless done through the app.

OP
OP
MoparFin

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those are similar to the set that I have. We tried that with mine but the app not only controls colors/patterns etc, it also is the on/off controller. If yours is the same way, then they will not come on unless done through the app.
Well that sucks.

OP
OP
MoparFin

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, best I can figure it is either leave on full time, or the app control.
I email the company. Just figured out they are about half an hour drive from me. Weird.

Anyway, see what they say.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I email the company. Just figured out they are about half an hour drive from me. Weird.

Anyway, see what they say.
Let us know what they say. Curious to see if it would work on mine as well.

OP
OP
MoparFin

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well. That was pointless. Guess I’ll see what happens when I hook them up. Going to wait till it warms up though.

Attachments

• 422E9CF6-5B20-430E-B9F6-F2DDEF675987.png
    422E9CF6-5B20-430E-B9F6-F2DDEF675987.png
    297 KB · Views: 12
  • F635D1AD-6439-43CA-B1F5-8CA8CAF3345E.png
    F635D1AD-6439-43CA-B1F5-8CA8CAF3345E.png
    320.5 KB · Views: 12

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I got the Nilight Rock lights with 8 lights, bluetooth and run off an app. I would like to wire them so that they will come on with the other lights when I unlock the doors or open the doors and would still like to be able to turn them on while driving. I am good with wiring in a switch. If I turn them on while driving, I do not want to have to turn on the interior lights.

I have these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KF88G32?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

How can I wire them in to do this?
That’s going to be tricky because once you tie into the curtesy lights you have now tied into that loop which will turn all the lights on when you turn on your rock lights.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I would like to wire them so that they will come on with the other lights when I unlock the doors or open the doors and would still like to be able to turn them on while driving.

That’s going to be tricky because once you tie into the courtesy lights you have now tied into that loop which will turn all the lights on when you turn on your rock lights.
Use an On/Off/On switch to accomplish this. The center terminal of the switch goes to the rock lights. For the "On" terminals wire one to the courtesy light circuit, the other to either a switched or constant +12V source. If you a constant +12V source make note the rock lights could be left on all the time and possibly drain the battery down.

OP
OP
MoparFin

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Use an On/Off/On switch to accomplish this. The center terminal of the switch goes to the rock lights. For the "On" terminals wire one to the courtesy light circuit, the other to either a switched or constant +12V source. If you a constant +12V source make note the rock lights could be left on all the time and possibly drain the battery down.
I have my bed lights to a constant hot so I can turn them on when the truck is off. I'd imagine that if I know I turned my truck off and am walking away, I'd be able to notice if I left the lights on, LOL.

I will have to see how the lights actually work also. From reading comments about the lights, I am still unsure if they turn on/off without the app, but it seems like they will. I need to figure that out first, then figure out the wiring.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye