Rotary dial to floor shifter 2017 ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redram05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Henie 5.7
Looking for specific parts and or write up on this swap of 2013 console shift into a 2017 with rotary shifter.

I have searched extensively all forums and have not run across this swap for a 2017.

I have the shifter and cosmetic parts for rotary location. What else is needed? Shift cable brackets Etc and where to source remaining parts.

Thanks in advance, Mike

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know I saw a console install video on youtube, just search "ram console install". I don't know which years it would cover. It's quite detailed, multiple parts.
I don't think you need shift cable brackets with the rotary, it should be all electronic., should just need to extend the wiring.
Good luck with it, I hated the rotary when I had one too. I stopped considering buying a Ram because of it.

zrock

Reaction score
thats going to be pretty involved and probably not worth the expense in the end. I hated the dial at first but now like it... one of those things you grow to like it or you dont

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
The 2022 GT model has a floor shifter but it fits the new console that has difficulty fitting in a fourth gen, at least in my opinion.

If you can source a floor shifter from a 2022 GT or a trx, then it should be wire extension but, not all functions may work.

It's a pet project of mine

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I've seen the 8 speed Jeep and Challenger/Charger shifters adapted into the 8 speed trucks.I don't think you can use the console shifter from the 5/6 speed trucks with the 8 speed.