Running boards for 4" lifted truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PapaGoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Hello everyone.

I am looking into getting some good rugged running boards for my 2012 dodge ram quad cab 1500.

Those are the ones I found that I really like, but the truck is lifted 4" with 35" A/T tires.

I looked at a set that came with 4" drop brackets but the reviews pretty much all say they are cheap crap that rust. Bend, don't hold weight etc etc. So I'm hesitant on them.

Can anyone suggest a lowering bracket kit? Or will I have to have some fabricated to fit these running boards specifically?

Or maybe some of you can suggest another set of running boards similar that come with lower brackets already?

doc 11 ACR

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you can afford them, Amp power steps would work great. I have them on a 2010 Ram 2500 TRX that has the factory lift and level. For a wife that is only 5" 3," the step in was next to impossible. Now that gap is cut in half. On a positive note, they tuck nicely up under the truck for a clean "lifted" look.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have to agree with doc. Or have some made that sit lower. Only downfall is any solid mounted step takes away ground clearance and can cause damage to the vehicle if they get hit. Maybe contact White-knuckleOffroad and see if tge can make you a custom set of sliders that sit lower by 2 or 3”

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AMP steps are the way to go. Keeps all the ground clearance but drops down lower than other steps for ease of access. message me if you would like a quote. We usually have them ready to ship along with great prices!

lighthawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
gas 6.4l
Another vote for AMP power boards.
We love them on our 2021 3500 with 2.5" King / Carli lift.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
OEM power Boards 2500 with the off road package.

Steps retracted, so full clearance, second picture is deployed, really helps short people and those with mobility issues.

eaY4Dn2.jpg

y9z1lDO.jpg

Mhorton371

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone.

I am looking into getting some good rugged running boards for my 2012 dodge ram quad cab 1500.

Those are the ones I found that I really like, but the truck is lifted 4" with 35" A/T tires.

I looked at a set that came with 4" drop brackets but the reviews pretty much all say they are cheap crap that rust. Bend, don't hold weight etc etc. So I'm hesitant on them.

Can anyone suggest a lowering bracket kit? Or will I have to have some fabricated to fit these running boards specifically?

Or maybe some of you can suggest another set of running boards similar that come with lower brackets already?
I went with rough country powered running boards. They are amazing and fit perfect. They come down relatively far and we’re easy to install.