RV cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake Schmidt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 360
I have a 360 magnum that I am currently rebuilding, and I was thinking about throwing in an rv cam. Will the computer on the pickup support this change, or is there anything else that would create problems in swapping the cam?

fowlerdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Just curious, why do you think a Recreational Vehicle cam is an improvement over stock?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
An RV cam is just another term for a mild cam. It's basically a cam with a mild grind thats a little more aggressive than stock in lift, duration and lobe centers that doesn't require a lot of modifications that many high performance cams do such as upgraded valve springs, push rods, rocker arms and higher compression ratios. I'm assuming the term (RV) cam came about because many engines installed in RV's had different cam grind profiles for more torque and HP than the cam that would be installed in a regular passenger car engine. Been building engines for years and that's always one of the terms that's been used for a mild cam.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

fowlerdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Crane Cams grind no. 2030 otherwise known as the mopar r/t cam works with stock ecu. Install 4 deg advanced for optimum performance.