Safety Recall N35

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mugster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Received this recall notice today.

"Chrysler has decided that some 2013 model year RAM trucks fail to conform to the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (CMVSS) No. 108 - Lamps, Reflective Devices and Associated Equipment.

The problem is: The Body Control Module (BCM) may not give the double-flash cluster notification of a turn signal malfunction. As a result, your vehicle fails to conform to the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (CMVSS) No. 108 - Lamps, Reflective Devices and Associated Equipment. Loss of turn signal function, without warning to the vehicle operator, could result in a crash."

So, my question is, has anyone else received this recall notice yet and if so how long did the reprogram take?

Thanks. =)

Snarkee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got mine today but the dealer took care of it on my last visit

CAP LOCK KID

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport QC 4x4
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I got mine today but the dealer took care of it on my last visit

x2

Heard that there was one coming for the traction control.... apparently it is not on at startup, you have to turn it off then on again to activate. I can light 'em up really easy when its not on. :gr_grin:

Mine feels like this so i will ask on my next service.

OP
OP
Mugster

Mugster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
x2

Heard that there was one coming for the traction control.... apparently it is not on at startup, you have to turn it off then on again to activate. I can light 'em up really easy when its not on. :gr_grin:

Mine feels like this so i will ask on my next service.

I was wondering about my traction control whether it was on or not. Sometimes when I'm taking off from a stop, either straight or making a turn it feels like the tires are breaking loose. I haven't lit them up but it sure feels like they would spin quite easily.

JimE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Excessive Tire Squeal Notification

It has been observed by some drivers that objectionable tire squeal occurs unexpectedly. Preliminary engineering examination of the problem indicates a direct relationship to the accelerator pedal and the number of empty beer cans in the bed of a truck. Once a precise cause is defined notification will be mailed; until then drivers are advised to never allow the bed of the truck to be more than half filled with empty beer cans.

Thank you.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It is official, I'm gonna set my truck on fire and roll it into the bay, take the insurance money and go buy a 79 Ford.

JimE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It is official, I'm gonna set my truck on fire and roll it into the bay, take the insurance money and go buy a 79 Ford.

Love it!

I got disgusted with many aspects of today's automobiles and about 18 months ago found a very low mileage 1978 Lincoln Town Car, which I now use as my daily driver. Gas mileage sucks in city driving but I've got that 460 4V tweaked to where it now hits between 19 and 20 mpg on the highway with the cruise set at 70. All I've otherwise done to it is to add a modern head unit with USB ports so I can load thumb drives up with what I want to hear music wise. I've been considering sticking a E40D tranny into it along with a change of rear axle gears to improve city driving gas mileage.

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Real answer, they didn't take into account LED draw when burned out doesn't change the draw much so the module can't tell you the trail light flash isn't working, so yes, it is to make it fast blink. That **** is on purpose lol.

They may flash the temp setting also which is off a lot at times

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta