Scosche 8.4 Bezel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like a solid kit. Scosche stuff is always hit or miss but I find their more advanced kits to be better than Metra.

jlchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
I had one in my 13 for 3 months. It is very solid and my audio shop was impressed with the looks of it when I took it by for them to see it.

I recently pulled it out and went back to factory. I was having a problem with my evic lights staying on when I locked the truck that was not there before I installed my Kenwood 9902s and maestro RR interface.

I spend all 3 months trying to track down the problem and discovered that the climate control module was keeping the dash lights on.

Maestro was no help even after I proved that if I cut power to the module the lights would go off. Their engineer said it was a problem with my truck and not their firmware.

I wired a switch in line and would use that to turn off the lights instead of unhooking the battery, but it only worked if I waited to see if the lights went out and I had a few dead batteries.

I went back to my factory 8.4 and installed a JL audio Fix 82 for summing and dsp. Honestly the fix sounds better than all the tuning I had done on the Kenwood. So I'm going to stick with factory headunit and I will install the TwK d8 when it releases to fine tune and make all 8 channels in my truck active.

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you for that response jlchristopher. Going further about the Maestro and the issues is very valuable info to me and will probably sway me from venturing into this.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I find it weird you had issues with the Maestro... their support is top notch, and I have installed at least 100 now with zero issues, and haven't heard of anyone else with issues. I am not sure how the Maestro would affect the climate control modules though. The Maestro has its own module and does not affect the climate controls. Only thing I could think of is that the illumination wire was seeing constant voltage.

Trout: I would have zero worries about going with a Maestro set up.

jlchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
The ram 8.4" climate controls are tied to the head unit since we do not have a knob to select dash floor or defrost. I think there is something in the maestro that is keeping this awake or that ram found a problem with this and corrected it with a firmware update in their 8.4" head unit. The problem did not exist before my maestro and it has not occurred 2 days after I went back factory.

I worked with their support many times troubleshooting. In the end it cost me a new battery $230 from 6 discharges. $250 for new climate control module (non refundable) and could countless hours of troubleshooting. In my case those charges plus what the kenwood 9902s Sirius 300 and maestro cost were not worth continuing to chase the problem.

Others may not have the same problem but my issue was resolved by going back to factory. which leads me to believe that ram may have built something into a firmware update to resolve this. Or my maestro ch3 harness had a crossed wire.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sucks to hear you had to put so much money. At least you are happy with the Fix. The TwK is getting awesome reviews so far.

jlchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Sucks to hear you had to put so much money. At least you are happy with the Fix. The TwK is getting awesome reviews so far.

I know. I'm stoked about the TwK. Just picked up and hd600/4 to use with my hd 900/5. Truck will be fully active as soon as I can get my hands on one.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. When you say " active " you're singing my song. :)

jlchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
I've waited a long time to do this. Last 2 vehicles have been wranglers and there was no point into dropping that much money for quality audio in then.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
On that note I totally agree, but I know some Jeep owners who were determined to prove me wrong.

chris3209

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone used this kit yet? I have the 5.0 right now in my express with the knob climate controls. I'd like to upgrade to an aftermarket radio with climate controls and this seems like the only option.
Has anyone tried this Dash Kit yet from Scosche made to replace the 8.4 bezel?

Cadillac Eldorado, Seville and Deville Dash Kit 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Aftermarket Installation Kit | CR1297DDB | by Scosche

Just want to get your thoughts on it if you have, or if you did not know something like this was available for us 8.4 guys, we have an option.

I am not looking to replace my 8.4a yet but I could see me making a move in the future.