Seat belt removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavy_metal_rckr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I spent a couple hours Saturday PlastiDip'n my a-pillars. Turned out pretty well...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360691248.463701.jpg

Now I need to do the rears, but I have no idea how to remove the seat belts...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360691294.931895.jpg

Anyone know or found a DIY for this process??

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
If you lightly pop off the cover where the belt goes thru the loop you will likely find a Torx bolt there (T-45 0r 55 Likely) and the belt with that assy should come right off.

Armyman14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Looks great! So does the plasti dip have a different feel to it or does it have that spray paint texture/feel?
Because that looks good but I like the way the "oh ****" handles feel right now!

OP
OP
heavy_metal_rckr

heavy_metal_rckr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
It's hard to explain... It's doesn't feel exactly the same, but yet not all that different either. You can even still see the texture of the plastic after, and I did 4 coats. The stuff is odd yet genius. It sprays on really "blotchy," so that's why I did a lot of light coats. No runs, no drips if you do it that way. But when it dries it looks about as close to perfect as you can get for it not actually being black to begin with.

Armyman14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
It's hard to explain... It's doesn't feel exactly the same, but yet not all that different either. You can even still see the texture of the plastic after, and I did 4 coats. The stuff is odd yet genius. It sprays on really "blotchy," so that's why I did a lot of light coats. No runs, no drips if you do it that way. But when it dries it looks about as close to perfect as you can get for it not actually being black to begin with.

Okay, and how do you get the stuff off of there, Doesn't it just scratch off? I don't want that to happen!

OP
OP
heavy_metal_rckr

heavy_metal_rckr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Okay, and how do you get the stuff off of there, Doesn't it just scratch off? I don't want that to happen!

Well, that I can't really answer that for sure since I've only had it on a few days. I did ding the pillars a couple times trying to wedge them back into place, but there were no marks at all in the end.

I've seen people who sprayed their wheels and a year later still looked almost exactly the same as the day they did it, and you know those are bound to have rocks kicked up on them that could chip it away, so it appears to be pretty durable stuff.

Armyman14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Well, that I can't really answer that for sure since I've only had it on a few days. I did ding the pillars a couple times trying to wedge them back into place, but there were no marks at all in the end.

I've seen people who sprayed their wheels and a year later still looked almost exactly the same as the day they did it, and you know those are bound to have rocks kicked up on them that could chip it away, so it appears to be pretty durable stuff.

Hmm you do have a good point, could you, if you feel comfortable with it take your fingernail and try to scratch it off?
On a piece that can't be easily seen in case it does come off but just so that I know!