Secure Idle / Park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is this an option on the 2019 Ram and I'm just not seeing it?

On F150s with the keyless start, you can set it up so if it's running and the keyfob leaves the vehicle, it cannot be shifted into gear.

alwi228

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went to pick up some couches today and while I walked back to talk to the loading guy with the truck running, I went back in and it wouldn't move. It appears to automatically engage the parking break as I had to turn that off. Not 100% this wasn't a user error and I somehow did it....but I've never touched the parking break in the 5 days I've owned it so im assuming it's a safety system....especially after the fiasco my 2015 Grand Cherokee gave FCA

OP
OP
F

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went to pick up some couches today and while I walked back to talk to the loading guy with the truck running, I went back in and it wouldn't move. It appears to automatically engage the parking break as I had to turn that off. Not 100% this wasn't a user error and I somehow did it....but I've never touched the parking break in the 5 days I've owned it so im assuming it's a safety system....especially after the fiasco my 2015 Grand Cherokee gave FCA

It is. But that's separate from what I'm referring to.

alwi228

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Roger that. Well I just went out and started it and brought the key fob back in, then went out to drive it. It didn't lock me out of gear, just flashed the push button start light and warning on the screen that the fob has left. I went through the settings and didn't see any option of it in safety or engine options. Hope this helps, cheers

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357