Sell or not to Sell....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiPotts

Reaction score
i have a 2005 go mango Daytona. Thoughts ... I have about 100 k plus miles and needs alot of work. i cant decide whether its worth keeping and bring back to life(restore)..its a strong hemi and i thinks she's got better days still ahead but like i said needs some love. exterior for one it needs a bed..but i have every factory part still. all and any thoughts will be helpful..well maybe lol.

20201008_144544.jpg

20200523_122841.jpg

IMG_20190428_162515.jpg

IMG_20190417_194911.jpg

20160703_183421.jpg

OP
OP
HemiPotts

HemiPotts

Reaction score
Good point! my father n law has a 69 barracuda its shining like new now..so I think we could do it but I don't know if its worth it you think its just another truck or as a numbered truck worth maybe hiding for a while? I've made some quick decisions before and got rid of some nice things.. just getting some outside thoughts this time. Thanks for all and any thoughts.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Depends on your purpose. Is it to be a daily driver and you don't have anything else? That could become a money pit that you are just trying to keep something running. But if it is a second vehicle and your vested in it, it will still be a money pit but if you're thinking of keeping it for another 10 or 15 years then it could be worth it.

What number build is your truck? The first 75 circled the race track down in Daytona so that could be something. But the prices are all over the place for those so not sure in the foreseeable future that it's going to be a collectors item, but I also have gotten rid of a few things I should have kept so you never know. Good luck with it, nice ride.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How much is a lot? 100k miles really isn't that much. If it's rust free and has a good drivetrain I say fix it up. Price of new trucks is nuts nowaday so spending 10-15k making the truck you have like new I'd consider it if I liked the truck. Start adding up the cost of all it needs and give it a good honest look over before you start a potential money pit project though.

Barney556180

Don't need no stinkin' mask...
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Depends on if you are process or goal oriented.

I enjoy the fixing up and once done, look for something else to do to it.

If goal oriented then maybe better to find a similar clean example to buy.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Does it need a new bed or just a new quarter? I say just go through it. You're in Florida so you probably have zero rot to deal with. Just make a list of everything you want to do and then split it up over the next year. Once you see it in a project you'll know if it's worth your time and money.

ric3xrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only you can decide if it's worth it, if you sell it, the 1st nice GoManGo Daytona you wish you had yours. these trucks seem to hover around 8500-12k in good shape, with it ever be worth the same as your Father in Laws 69.......probably not. I tell my friends and people I've built engines for, if you consider your ride a Long term Investment.......you will lose 90% of the time, if it's an extension of who you are......you will never lose.