Selling 2017 Laramie Longhorn soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Unfortunately I will be having to sell my step-fathers 2017 1500 Laramie Limited soon. He bought the truck new and I don't know the exact mileage but believe it is between 50,000-60,000. I looked up Laramie Limiteds to compare prices but didn't see anything with these options. His is 2 tone (dark green/goldish brown). Truck has sunroof and the upgraded tan leather that was the highest option. Truck has 3.92's and also came with factory tow mirrors. Tires are pretty new. Near the Pittsburgh, PA area. Any thoughts on value or the best way to sell it? The ones I have found are about $35,000 but haven't found any that has the upgraded leather seating.
This is not an advertisement yet, only a quest to try to find a value and thoughts on whether I should sell it to one of those 'we buy any car' things or sell it outright? Step-father passed away the other day and there is a small payoff but my mother will be paying that off and not selling until the title comes.
If it matters the truck has always been washed at least once a week and I have never seen it dirty.
Also, if you do sell to Carvana or something similar and do not have the title do they handle paying it off? Not really in a rush to sell it but she has a new Jeep Cherokee and doesn't like driving the truck so she has no need for it. Selling quickly isn't necessarily important either but also don't want too much aggravation as we have enough other stuff to worry about right now.

Thanks!

EDIT: just realized it's a Limited Longhorn, not Limited, which is why I couldn't find anything matching it

Last edited:
OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. Found a few Longhorns that were mid 30's so close to what I was thinking

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Sorry to hear your troubles, just the last two years or so proves those car buying sites are just giving fair money. I'd try a couple and see which makes the best offer, carvana, carmax, vroom and others. You can always say no and venture out to craigslist, but the numbers ram forum has been getting have been more then fair, surprisingly fair, and best part you don't have to risk selling it yourself. I'd do as soon as you get the title, the market is still recovering from the chip shortage which was the reason the offers have been so high.

Flynight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Personally I would not use Carvana. I recently sold 2 of my vehicles and Caevana low balled me bad to the tune of about $3K. They have to pay for those stupid car vending machines somehow.

Wirerat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I 2nd the carmax offer. You can get the quote online then stop by to get it confirmed. It's a painless process. The offer is good for 5 days.

You do not need the title at hand. They take care of all that. You sign papers and leave with a check minus the payoff.

If I had to guess, CarMax will offer around $35k possiblly more depending on that mileage.

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My condolences.

I'm going through a hospice situation now, so its close to the heart. You could throw it on facebook if you don't mind dealing with a few whacky tire kickers and dreamers. Put an attractive price on it and maybe it'll sell in a day. Or you could call a few dealers and see what they say. They might buy it outright. I guess those are obvious options you probably already thought of.

Best regards

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Sorry for your loss brother. It’s always hard to let go of something material our loved ones held high.

My experience with Carmax selling cars has been positive. When we made the decision to buy my ram, we immediately sold my scooter (Prius) in Jan. This worked out well because gas was starting to go crazy, I couldn’t drive because of my motorcycle crash, but more importantly, people could not buy new. For a 2017 Prius with 59K miles, I got 20K (1.8K over auction) and it was still financed. Over 4 years of ownership I only lost 9K….just NUTS. No title is required and I walked out with 11K in a short few hours. You can also approach any dealership and ask them to buy your car. Find one that has a limited inventory and see if they will bite. Also, find out what the truck will go for at auction. Trade/purchase values are often driven by auction pricing and I happen to have a friend who has his dealer's license and has access so I could be a bit informed. Good luck and sorry again for the loss.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sold the Challenger I had to Carvana and my last Ram to Vroom. Dealing with Carvana was much easier as they bring you a check for the difference between their offer and the payoff when they come and pick up the truck. Vroom on the other hand deposits the money in your bank account which took about two weeks in my case. Vroom offered like $2K more than Carvana so for that kind of money it was worth the hassle. Regardless of who you use you need to make a decision and sell it for the better offer before it expires. If you let it expire and try it again the offer will be considerably less. Good luck.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've sold two vehicles to Carmax in the last couple years and both times the price was quite fair compared to what I had found on KBB/NADA, etc. I did run into a paperwork hassle when selling my elderly parents car and had to basically throw a fit to get it worked out. The Carmax people essentially didn't understand a power of attorney form and told me I had to drag my physically VERY limited parents in to sign. This was despite me having called and pre-arranging the whole thing.

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks all. Was out there tonight after the funeral and moved the truck and it has 67,000 miles on it. He has a 'subscription' at a local car wash with unlimited washes and washes it at least once a week. Like I said, I literally have never seen any of his trucks dirty.

pittrader1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unfortunately I will be having to sell my step-fathers 2017 1500 Laramie Limited soon. He bought the truck new and I don't know the exact mileage but believe it is between 50,000-60,000. I looked up Laramie Limiteds to compare prices but didn't see anything with these options. His is 2 tone (dark green/goldish brown). Truck has sunroof and the upgraded tan leather that was the highest option. Truck has 3.92's and also came with factory tow mirrors. Tires are pretty new. Near the Pittsburgh, PA area. Any thoughts on value or the best way to sell it? The ones I have found are about $35,000 but haven't found any that has the upgraded leather seating.
This is not an advertisement yet, only a quest to try to find a value and thoughts on whether I should sell it to one of those 'we buy any car' things or sell it outright? Step-father passed away the other day and there is a small payoff but my mother will be paying that off and not selling until the title comes.
If it matters the truck has always been washed at least once a week and I have never seen it dirty.
Also, if you do sell to Carvana or something similar and do not have the title do they handle paying it off? Not really in a rush to sell it but she has a new Jeep Cherokee and doesn't like driving the truck so she has no need for it. Selling quickly isn't necessarily important either but also don't want too much aggravation as we have enough other stuff to worry about right now.

Thanks!

EDIT: just realized it's a Limited Longhorn, not Limited, which is why I couldn't find anything matching it
sorry for your loss, I'd check out givemethevin.com and compare to other sites.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I know nothing about carmax, in Canada, but what about driving down to the dealer and see what they will pay. Up here I was offered a hell of a price for the wife's CRV when I had a little service done on it, but no point in selling it as she don't want a new one. Being in estate ,That may add some more paperwork?????

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yeah she called the finance company this morning and they said she will have to pay off the rest of the loan first then transfer it into her name before she can sell it but she also called a good family friend that is an attorney to see what he says about the truck and other things. we still don't have any death certificates so can't do a whole lot yet

Jsmurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My sincere condolences. If you are in no hurry, I would definitely check Carmax also check KBB for trade value and private sale prices. Also check CarGurus. I list my ‘05 Toyota Sequoia Limited last year about this time and sold it in two weeks. I used KBB pricing for private sale and listed at the high end and negotiated down to where I wanted to be. It was totally easy.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know guys who've sold their items, and even vehicles ..in literally hours, on Craigslist or Facebook. But then again, you never know, sometimes not. The nice thing about selling it to a dealer/car buyer is she's gone and you don't have any come-backs. That alone is worth something... All my Facebood/Craigslist sales and purchases have been really positive. I've even made a few friends that way.

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Likely not do Facebook or Craigslist. I'm not on Facebook and I'll likely be the one handling this. She won't be in a hurry so can take the time but will see. There is still a small balance on the loan so she doesn't have the title in hand so will likely pay that off in the next week or so then sell once the title gets here.

Snide822

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry to hear about your Father - in - Law. May he rest in peace in Jesus' arms.
I'm in the same general area as you in Pgh and just had to sell my 18 Laramie 1500 with leather interior and 30,000 miles. I went through Car Shop (used to me Car Sense) in Cranberry Twp. They offered me $3000.00 more that I paid for it 2 yrs ago, ($34,500)! Very easy to work with. They also have a store in Robinson Twp. Good luck! I don't think you'll have a problem