Service 4WD with no codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thicc Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
it's as the title says, no codes. I'll be driving and then 10 to 15 min into driving it will turn on. Truck sounds great, drives great and performs great. I just can't figure out what is happening. 2012 1500 5.7 Hemi. Also, I have already replaced the alternator months ago.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
it's as the title says, no codes. I'll be driving and then 10 to 15 min into driving it will turn on. Truck sounds great, drives great and performs great. I just can't figure out what is happening. 2012 1500 5.7 Hemi. Also, I have already replaced the alternator months ago.

Hi @Thicc Boi - Sorry for the trouble! If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members, we kindly recommend addressing this with your local Ram dealer. If you are in need of any additional support for that process, our team is just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

usmc1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow. Just this last Monday I was backing out of my parking lot and the light came on as well. Put the truck in 4 lock then 4 low and it got stuck. Wouldn’t let me switch back to 2wd. My mechanic thinks it’s an it ignition switch (win module) issue. Any suggestions? same year and model.
2012 ram 1500

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I'd suspect high AC ripple voltage from the alternator, and would eliminate that first. You probably will have to have someone with a tester capable of reading ripple voltage look at it.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I realize low system voltage can cause all sorts of issues.

Causing only a service 4WD problem would be odd.