Sharadon stage 3! Arrives tomorrow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtoscano19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was just wanting any input on what to expect when it's installed. Also I have the DiabloSport 87 tune with transmission tune. Will I need to uninstall then put tune back in? Other mods I have are k&n drop in filter going to upgrade to a Volant as soon as I can. Straight piped exhaust to a flowmaster super 44 no cats. Planning on getting bbk shorties installed too. Thanks to Matt for hooking it up with the stage 3 valvebody! Thanks guys.

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've heard with a valve body install you need to have a quick learn done to the trans. You may want to contact Matt to verify.

OP
OP
jtoscano19

jtoscano19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah he told me that, but I'm gonna take it to my friend at the dealership to install it. When he hooks it up to the dealer computer that will take out the tune right??

OP
OP
jtoscano19

jtoscano19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What will I notice once it's installed. Is it gonna kick me back every time it shifts?

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
What will I notice once it's installed. Is it gonna kick me back every time it shifts?

the shifts will be "rough" and you will feel them a lot more esepcially since you went with the stage 3. should be pretty awesome lol should have coupled it with a tq converter, then youd be cooking with some gasoline.

and matt prob told you but these harder shifts are actually better for the life of your transmission! so its a win win performance and tranny health wise. congrats.

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You should use your Diablo and set it back to stock. Completely remove the tune. If you don't when the dealer does their thing it could lock your tuner. Better safe than sorry. Costs $100 to get it unlocked.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I would remove the tune just to be safe since you also have some trasnsmission tuning done. Better to play it safe.

OP
OP
jtoscano19

jtoscano19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok ill take it in stock then once they install and do the quick learn I install the tune back in. I'm just thinking,, is it gonna be soo harsh that it will get annoying after awhile lol BTW I just got home and the package is here already!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
It will be harsh at first, but your computer will start to adapt to your driving style. Once it settles down, it is just going to be a very fast/firm shift. The transmission quick learn should hopefully eliminate that harsh period and just make it shift fast and firm. If you ever feel like the shifts are getting soft again, then just reset your computer and they will firm up again.